I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 19, 2003
San Pedro, Ca.
Visit site
Name
Stefan
Boat
Mako 224 CC, FULL RACK
We picked up another field outside the Spec closure zone. The field is just outside the closure and has 6 man pit and will have 1000 full bodies to hunt over. Hunts are limited to.4 guns but larger groups can possibly be accommodated

The Pacific Flyway Snows had a great hatch, Wrangle Island birds up 43%, hopefully the Specs and Cacklers are up as well

We're expecting a great season

Reactions: MJC

KID CREOLE

Sep 19, 2003
San Pedro, Ca.
Visit site
Name
Stefan
Boat
Mako 224 CC, FULL RACK
Sent a inquiry for a speck hunt
Chris
Chris,

You can message me too and we can.talk dates
Ben and Carson target specs and ducks in flooded blinds or dry field for specs

Brian and I guide dry field hunts for specs, snows and occasional cackler

KID CREOLE

Sep 19, 2003
San Pedro, Ca.
Visit site
Name
Stefan
Boat
Mako 224 CC, FULL RACK
Steve,

The hunts are $300 per gun, 4 guns max. If there is a group that needs room for more guns we will work to accommodate. We have the ability to put up panel blinds that we have hunted larger parties

KID CREOLE

Sep 19, 2003
San Pedro, Ca.
Visit site
Name
Stefan
Boat
Mako 224 CC, FULL RACK
The water hunts target specs through mid December, the hunting is pretty good. Duck hunting can be very good with weather. Last year the weather was not great for duck hunting most days

Steve Snow Killer

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 18, 2018
Ontario, CA
Name
Steve
Boat
22’ Grady White
The instructional video I saw was a typical snow goose call. The call in the hunting video sounds different, kind of like some calls I have. Does one of your calls sound like a tuned num...?, I have like 6. Only one blows so the geese don’t turn and high tail it out of there. Keeping it in tune is a chore. If you have one that sounds good and has a fricken screw threw the reed so it doesn’t lose tune that would be great. What model call is that call? If you have a basic dvd that teaches you the basics on how to blow it, that would be great. Each season, I have to re-train myself how to blow my snow and speck calls. Thanks Steve.

KID CREOLE

Sep 19, 2003
San Pedro, Ca.
Visit site
Name
Stefan
Boat
Mako 224 CC, FULL RACK
Steve, the metal reed Herters calls, which I used to use can be very problematic for the way we use them in So Calif.

Sticking reeds and lack of volume were two of the bigger issues along with keeping them tuned. The black call above is our Adults Only call and as you can see in the pic it has machined guts and a mylar reed

The Traffic Control has a single metal reed and a machined TB and wedge. It wont lock up, can be dunked in water and will come back pretty quick. I can tune them to be loud or soft depending on the style of the hunter

Up north we run our calls as loud as we can

YaYa6.jpg

ronnieB

Jun 2, 2014
Cerritos
Name
ron
Boat
Aquapod
Kid, I tried to book a hunt with you for a friend and myself back in February and was told we needed 4 in our party. We only had 2 so he said no go.....I was bummed and had to book with someone else.....
Ron

KID CREOLE

Sep 19, 2003
San Pedro, Ca.
Visit site
Name
Stefan
Boat
Mako 224 CC, FULL RACK
Ron,

There is a bit more flexibility this year with the numbers. We have a couple of single hunters that are always looking for a open spot too.. We will do our best!!!!

CartridgeCalls

100% Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
www.ebay.com
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
Trade some Cartridgecalls for a YAYA?

KID CREOLE

Sep 19, 2003
San Pedro, Ca.
Visit site
Name
Stefan
Boat
Mako 224 CC, FULL RACK
Reports from hunters in Canada are very good especially the Rosscoes and Specs. Snows seems to have had a better hatch than was reported as well

Friends of our in the Sac Valley have 10k snows on their property already with more than 50% being juvies

Much better outlook than earlier reported

Buy ammo

Steve Snow Killer

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 18, 2018
Ontario, CA
Name
Steve
Boat
22’ Grady White
Talking about ammo...sorry if there is another thread on this. I purchased my shotgun gun prior to 2015 so I didn’t have any gun registered (in “their” system, just purchased in CA via a gun broker all legit to my address). Got denied when trying to buy shot shells for the opener. Think it costs $40 to register just 1 gun you own online, so you can buy any kind of ammo ( for now). I got pissed off and bought at Bass Pro (Rancho Cucamonga) a new Thompson Center 6.5 creedmore on sale for $225 so $280 out the door with all the b.s. fees. Bass Pro said I probably can’t buy ammo until after 10 day wait. Not sure if it’s true or not but if you don’t have you gun in a separate locked case in your house, it’s a felony and when traveling in the car, it has to be locked in a hard case. Every single hunter at each refuge in CA standing at that long ass wait line should sign up to recall the gov. My 2 cents.

Reactions: CartridgeCalls

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Visit site
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Reports from hunters in Canada are very good especially the Rosscoes and Specs. Snows seems to have had a better hatch than was reported as well

Friends of our in the Sac Valley have 10k snows on their property already with more than 50% being juvies

Much better outlook than earlier reported

Buy ammo
We saw 4 times as many Specs this year as we ever had on our Canada Trip the first week in October; and plenty of Rosscoes that wanted to die. Saw quite a few snows later in the week however getting them to decoy was another story. We had continuous flights of snows flying outside our spread on their way back to water for 45 minutes late one morning; we were able to nail quite a few darks that flew on the edge of the snows

Reactions: CartridgeCalls