Tunakillers

Almost A Member
Apr 19, 2009
OC
Name
Jimmy
Boat
mostly a shore kinda guy
It just so happens that I was on the Thunderbird that day. In no longer than 5 minutes we had 4 boats on us. 10 minutes we had 7 or 8. The captain had warned you guys several times that you were too close and to back off. Its pretty simple...find your own paddy, or wait til they're done fishing it. You guys were fishing the paddy from time your boat stopped to the time the captain decided to leave.
And by the way. The main captain of the Thunderbird was off that day. It was his relief covering for him.

Upvote 0
Jun 5, 2006
Irvine, CA
Name
Clyde
Boat
252 GW Sailfish “Rosie”
It just so happens that I was on the Thunderbird that day. In no longer than 5 minutes we had 4 boats on us. 10 minutes we had 7 or 8. The captain had warned you guys several times that you were too close and to back off. Its pretty simple...find your own paddy, or wait til they're done fishing it. You guys were fishing the paddy from time your boat stopped to the time the captain decided to leave.
And by the way. The main captain of the Thunderbird was off that day. It was his relief covering for him.

Is tunakillers the captain of the thunderbird

Upvote 0

Tunakillers

Almost A Member
Apr 19, 2009
OC
Name
Jimmy
Boat
mostly a shore kinda guy
I was on a 3/4 day sportboat recently and we pulled up about 80-100ft from another sportboat on a bite. And when the other boat left our Capt said "I knew he'd leave once we pulled up". Sounds like these guys want it both ways. With that said the Sporties are under more pressure and I get their frustration/anger but just get on the mic and warn the other guy that he's too close don't destroy the paddy.
The captain had warned them several times

Upvote 0

jasonliquid

Apr 1, 2008
newport beach ca
www.jstarmotors.com
Name
jason
Boat
Parker 2530 extended cabin
Wow
Well Jason you are a storyteller. And you are wasting all of these peoples time reading and responding to a story that just isn't true. This is a reason why there tends to be animosity between private boaters and sportboats. You are being part of the problem. But if you want to revisit the day lets do it. You were too close, but that's pretty standard. When you called the landing this morning to complain you said that the thunderbird threw sinkers at you, yelled profanity, and that you would go on bloody decks and ruin the boat by getting all your friends to gang up on the boat. You are lying to these people in an attempt to make yourself feel better, or carry out the threat. The sad truth is, the kelp got hit! Sorry, they are precious. But the 'quote' is wrong. "Crowd in? Now there's one less for you to find on your own. Good luck." Tbird fished the same kelp the day before getting small yellow tail and tuna. It was small, relocated by set and drift, and found first. Five or more boats gang piled on the Tbird, and yes Jason you are a follower not a finder. Jason May have been one of the first, but, what he fails to mention is the Tbird was hemmed in on all sides and the only way out of the cluster was back up the drift towards the kelp. He was also fishing instantly. He doesn't say the 80 feet also meant the kelp was between the boats. Call it 50 30 cus closer than that you would loose them in the kelp. In any event the 'you' was not directed at you in particular, rather all of the boats who were surrounding, thus forcing the Tbird back up towards the kelp in an effort to escape. Yes, a tough day all around. Sorry it happened. Sorry about the kelp but, it was the most expeditious way out of there. Glad you got one. Keep it real.
Wow this is pretty funny bullshit. I Never once said a sinker was thrown in my direction and better yet I was the only boat sitting in the area. That just means that this dipshit of a captain "substitute driver" driving the boat for the day just ran over paddies more than once. Congrats on that!!!! I am sure nobody on this board cares that a charter boat is just running over every paddy he finds!!!!

Upvote 0

Happy frank

Sep 2, 2014
Name
Frank
Boat
Blue bomber
You guys are killing me. I hope none of you are serious. Let me unveil the mystery. My name is bob. My middle mane is frank. Befrankalot is my gmail. Get it? My middle name is frank. Anyways, I was the captain who ran over the kelp. Ok, not my finest moment but I was forced into it by the very people who wanted to fish it. I said sorry. Jason was still a bit of a jerk who wants to fire you all up about it. This is my first time on any of these forums so I'm not sure what to say. Otto seems to be a bit of a jerk, but hey Otto I text you in private to explain the situation, good job Sherlock you figured it out. I'm not hiding like everyone else. Come on down and buy a ticket, ask a question, we will gladly explain how we do it. I live near by, and on my days off I like to have a beer at the Balboa Saloon or one of the other local bars. You are all welcome as is Jason and Otto. We all have fishing in common so can't be too far apart. And yes we will sell beers and cheeseburgers on the boat and to boaters, if you ask. Some of my best friends are private boaters and I don't hold it against them.

Upvote 0

Tunakillers

Almost A Member
Apr 19, 2009
OC
Name
Jimmy
Boat
mostly a shore kinda guy
Wow

Wow this is pretty funny bullshit. I Never once said a sinker was thrown in my direction and better yet I was the only boat sitting in the area. That just means that this dipshit of a captain "substitute driver" driving the boat for the day just ran over paddies more than once. Congrats on that!!!! I am sure nobody on this board cares that a charter boat is just running over every paddy he finds!!!!
GET OVER IT

Upvote 0

jasonliquid

Apr 1, 2008
newport beach ca
www.jstarmotors.com
Name
jason
Boat
Parker 2530 extended cabin
Jason I can forward you the email from the guy who took your phone call. Simple. I'm trying to be friends. Said sorry and all. Why do this in public?
Apology accepted.
You guys are killing me. I hope none of you are serious. Let me unveil the mystery. My name is bob. My middle mane is frank. Befrankalot is my gmail. Get it? My middle name is frank. Anyways, I was the captain who ran over the kelp. Ok, not my finest moment but I was forced into it by the very people who wanted to fish it. I said sorry. Jason was still a bit of a jerk who wants to fire you all up about it. This is my first time on any of these forums so I'm not sure what to say. Otto seems to be a bit of a jerk, but hey Otto I text you in private to explain the situation, good job Sherlock you figured it out. I'm not hiding like everyone else. Come on down and buy a ticket, ask a question, we will gladly explain how we do it. I live near by, and on my days off I like to have a beer at the Balboa Saloon or one of the other local bars. You are all welcome as is Jason and Otto. We all have fishing in common so can't be too far apart. And yes we will sell beers and cheeseburgers on the boat and to boaters, if you ask. Some of my best friends are private boaters and I don't hold it against them.
If this is really the captain. Apology accepted.

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
I m s former skipper of several top sport boats. I know Jeff well and he would not have done something like that unprovoked. He is true waterman. YOU ARE WAY TOOO CLOSE!!! For the safety of both boats. In my opinion two times the longer boats length!! Which 50 yards min. We have a tough enough job without finding fish for everyone. Most not all paddies really can only fish one boat at a time. I know there are exceptions. We where on a paddy with nine boats all got limits of tuna. And worked together. Good fishing to all!!

Reactions: hanapah
Upvote 0

Happy frank

Sep 2, 2014
Name
Frank
Boat
Blue bomber
Jason you are a liar. I was apologizing to the kelp and the boating community who might have found it tomorrow. You owe me and my passengers the apology, as well as, all the peeps on bloody decks whose time your wasting. Get it straight, don't listen to Jasonliquid he is a kook.

Sorry man I just wasn't at fault

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Jason let's talk about fish reports. Stuff to help each other. This site is for reports. Not bitching. And since this is best year since 97 it's time to enjoy. As it's already sept. In two months I start two to three weeks at a time down below. Which is fun. But three day boat rides up n back get old. But see Mich and Loftus n the great charters soon. Just think how fast those bigger models would Love to snack on a 7 # skippy or yft. Soon. Good fishing.

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Hey Bob I m a friend of Carmacks. What a bunch of crap. I m new to this crap. I know Norris and Donny. You would have been fired already if true about sinkers n crap. Forget these guys. Have a Beer at Class. Always cool. Out

Upvote 0

Kareem Korn

Muffin Monster
Feb 17, 2005
State of Confusion
Name
Tim
Boat
Longboard, 15' Calibogie ("Bogart")
. I've seen these sport boats out of control. .

I can remember when the pacifica went out of control and hit Catalina. Put a hole the size of a vw bug in the haul. It never steered straight on auto pilot since. Kinda sucked when you fell asleep at the wheel, you'd go in big circles.

Upvote 0

Tebbis69

Jul 23, 2012
Trabuco Canyon
Name
Greg
Boat
Missy Miss
Jason ground up kelp makes awsome garden compost, just mix your kelp with lawn clippings toss in some sycamore leaves and let sit for three months. Seriously.

Upvote 0

Gmoyer

Aug 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Gary Moyer
Boat
38' Bertram - Los Lobos

Internet comment section - in real life.jpg

Upvote 0

Otto

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro

Last time out we limited by 10 am. Had two sport boats come in close to fish with us. We were there first. I believe the Thunderbird was the second sport boat trying for our fish. Wasn't a problem as there were plenty everywhere. Bob, Frank, whatever your name is, your the jerk. The guy complaining said he was the only boat with you and you decided to be a butt hole. Next time I see the Thunderbird on the water, I'll be expecting my cheeseburger. You best not spit in the burger or drop it on the ground this time. I will park off your port side until the burgers done. Hope it doesn't screw up your fishing. If your going to be a captain on one of these sport boats be up front on who you are and don't be belligerent on the water. If your pissed at either Jason your in trouble with the whole community.

Reactions: bigmike58
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts