lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
La Mesa, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
I was on a 3/4 day sportboat recently and we pulled up about 80-100ft from another sportboat on a bite. And when the other boat left our Capt said "I knew he'd leave once we pulled up". Sounds like these guys want it both ways. With that said the Sporties are under more pressure and I get their frustration/anger but just get on the mic and warn the other guy that he's too close don't destroy the paddy.

Upvote 0

Happy frank

Sep 2, 2014
Name
Frank
Boat
Blue bomber
Well Jason you are a storyteller. And you are wasting all of these peoples time reading and responding to a story that just isn't true. This is a reason why there tends to be animosity between private boaters and sportboats. You are being part of the problem. But if you want to revisit the day lets do it. You were too close, but that's pretty standard. When you called the landing this morning to complain you said that the thunderbird threw sinkers at you, yelled profanity, and that you would go on bloody decks and ruin the boat by getting all your friends to gang up on the boat. You are lying to these people in an attempt to make yourself feel better, or carry out the threat. The sad truth is, the kelp got hit! Sorry, they are precious. But the 'quote' is wrong. "Crowd in? Now there's one less for you to find on your own. Good luck." Tbird fished the same kelp the day before getting small yellow tail and tuna. It was small, relocated by set and drift, and found first. Five or more boats gang piled on the Tbird, and yes Jason you are a follower not a finder. Jason May have been one of the first, but, what he fails to mention is the Tbird was hemmed in on all sides and the only way out of the cluster was back up the drift towards the kelp. He was also fishing instantly. He doesn't say the 80 feet also meant the kelp was between the boats. Call it 50 30 cus closer than that you would loose them in the kelp. In any event the 'you' was not directed at you in particular, rather all of the boats who were surrounding, thus forcing the Tbird back up towards the kelp in an effort to escape. Yes, a tough day all around. Sorry it happened. Sorry about the kelp but, it was the most expeditious way out of there. Glad you got one. Keep it real.

Upvote 0

Otto

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
Well Jason you are a storyteller. And you are wasting all of these peoples time reading and responding to a story that just isn't true. This is a reason why there tends to be animosity between private boaters and sportboats. You are being part of the problem. But if you want to revisit the day lets do it. You were too close, but that's pretty standard. When you called the landing this morning to complain you said that the thunderbird threw sinkers at you, yelled profanity, and that you would go on bloody decks and ruin the boat by getting all your friends to gang up on the boat. You are lying to these people in an attempt to make yourself feel better, or carry out the threat. The sad truth is, the kelp got hit! Sorry, they are precious. But the 'quote' is wrong. "Crowd in? Now there's one less for you to find on your own. Good luck." Tbird fished the same kelp the day before getting small yellow tail and tuna. It was small, relocated by set and drift, and found first. Five or more boats gang piled on the Tbird, and yes Jason you are a follower not a finder. Jason May have been one of the first, but, what he fails to mention is the Tbird was hemmed in on all sides and the only way out of the cluster was back up the drift towards the kelp. He was also fishing instantly. He doesn't say the 80 feet also meant the kelp was between the boats. Call it 50 30 cus closer than that you would loose them in the kelp. In any event the 'you' was not directed at you in particular, rather all of the boats who were surrounding, thus forcing the Tbird back up towards the kelp in an effort to escape. Yes, a tough day all around. Sorry it happened. Sorry about the kelp but, it was the most expeditious way out of there. Glad you got one. Keep it real.

This sounds like the RANT of the Thunderbird. If this is what the crew sounds like, I'd beware to what comes next.

Upvote 0

JsFishSlayer

Sep 8, 2010
San Diego/CA/US
Name
Josh
Boat
Whichever has an open spot
Too close, didn't radio in asking to approach, and a bad attitude... On top of coming up on a paddy others are stopped on instead of finding something else. We got a winner here folks.

Reactions: Shaka760
Upvote 0

Crashburn

Executive Board Member
Feb 26, 2013
Dog Beach Mostly
Name
Mike
Boat
Never Ever Again 7 has been enough !
Jason you should delete this gay ass thread before it gets really ugly for you !
image.jpg

Reactions: ConSeaMate
Upvote 0

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Boat
19 SeaPro
Too close, didn't radio in asking to approach, and a bad attitude... On top of coming up on a paddy others are stopped on instead of finding something else. We got a winner here folks.

Which boat were you on ?

Upvote 0

Happy frank

Sep 2, 2014
Name
Frank
Boat
Blue bomber
Sorry Otto. I'm nice and BD seems pretty fair. I'll take my licks. It was a happy accident the kelp got glanced/chopped. My bad.

Upvote 0

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Boat
19 SeaPro
Sorry Otto. I'm nice and BD seems pretty fair. I'll take my licks. It was a happy accident the kelp got glanced/chopped. My bad.

It seems that the captain of the Thunderbird has been watching this thread and doesn't want to disclose his identity. Looks BAD on the Thunderbird.

Upvote 0

Bondrvr

GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE
Feb 12, 2010
Chula Vista
Name
mike
Boat
'99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
This thread is killing my brain cells............................:zelfmoord

Upvote 0

Mike Jernigan

May 31, 2014
Name
PMS Escape II
Boat
PMS escape II
Based on your post he was fishing it and trying to get fish for 30 to 40 passengers and you came within 80 feet ? If so you my friend were out of line. I can easily cast a jig 80 feet so why would you get so close?

NoLDR over and out

Brad
I agree. Double casting length on the high side of the drift

Upvote 0

cabo jon

Carey-On
Jun 22, 2012
Cameron Park/Moss Landing, Ca
Name
jon
Boat
Carey-On
Who calls the fucking landing over this shit. UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE! How many post have been put up by private boaters asking what channel sport boats are on where are they fishing...etc. WTF. From what I read and hear, seems to be plenty of fish. One report reads like the next. "find the terns. find the breezers, set up chum, catch limits. A step above trolling. Figure it out folks, FIND YOUR OWN FISH!!!!
It seems that the captain of the Thunderbird has been watching this thread and doesn't want to disclose his identity. Looks BAD on the Thunderbird.
The whole WWW is watching!

Upvote 0

JsFishSlayer

Sep 8, 2010
San Diego/CA/US
Name
Josh
Boat
Whichever has an open spot
Who calls the fucking landing over this shit. "find the terns. find the breezers, set up chum, catch limits. A step above trolling. Figure it out folks, FIND YOUR OWN FISH!!!!

The whole WWW is watching!
People that post to BD because one smaller kelp in the whole damn ocean got run over...
Find birds and breezers!?!?! Why when I can just find a stopped sportboat!? *sarcasm*

Reactions: cabo jon
Upvote 0

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
So which sportboat are you going to fish next to this weekend? Sell your Parker and buy a Bayliner you big baby.......

Upvote 0

InRodWeTrust

Too blessed 2 be stressed
Mar 8, 2013
San Diego
Name
Wes
Boat
Inflatable
A sport boat ran over a patty.....WHO.....GIVES.......A......SHIT.

Reactions: Shaka760
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.