Not open for further replies.

40Grit

Sep 9, 2009
Newport Beach California
Name
Steve Brown
Boat
Radovich 34
There is about as much toleration of this bad behavior as some punk surfer telling you not to surf his beach. I got news for them, they are a licensed operation controlled by the Coast Guard. a simple phone call to the Coastie's will End their bad behavior.

Upvote 0

titos334

VIP Elite Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hell
Name
Kevin
Boat
Rainbow Surprise
You were maybe a bit close, but I can verify that both capts are jerks. Last time I went on that boat, he heard people complaining about the slow fishing and invited anyone up to the wheelhouse to "say it to his face" over the PA, lol. Nice.
Don't get mad, just get RSW.

I support that move...

Upvote 0

Rayger

Get the jigs!
Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Ray
Boat
Buscando
It all boils down to finding your OWN fish! You have a nice boat to get away from the crowds, not join them. Why would you go up to a sporty who is stopped? Go find your own fish!!! You might as well just ride on a sporty if you are just going to sit by them anyway, right? This year has been incredible with guys following stopped boats, passing up schools because a guy is stopped a quarter mile up swell. I know nobody owns the ocean and all of that talk but come on guys, slow down, watch your temp gauge, look for signs of life, go away from the stopped boats....find your own fish... It is so much rewarding to get it done with your own skill/luck, otherwise just pay the ticket and ride the sport boat.

Upvote 0

UnBelievable

F.V. UNBELIEVABLE
Jul 19, 2013
Mission Bay San Diego Ca. USA
Name
Norm Campbell
Boat
UnBelievable
I have never came out on top playing TUNA WARS WITH A SPORT BOAT. So why do it? Also just a little hint........IF ITS BIG AND GREY.......IT HAS THE RITE OF WAY.......They will send you a bill for hull damage if your still alive!

Upvote 0

peteking

Everybody take a look at the bad guy-T. Montana
Apr 21, 2013
Arcadia/CA/USA
Name
Pete King
Boat
Ohana
Based on your post he was fishing it and trying to get fish for 30 to 40 passengers and you came within 80 feet ? If so you my friend were out of line. I can easily cast a jig 80 feet so why would you get so close?

NoLDR over and out

Brad

A chopped up paddy is better than a Salas 7X through your windshield...:jig:

Glad you had a day on the water.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jasonliquid

Apr 1, 2008
newport beach ca
www.jstarmotors.com
Name
jason
Boat
Parker 2530 extended cabin
I support that move...
100% I agree If he felt I was too close he could of said please back up and I would of left. He did not give me any sign until they decided that they were leaving and going to ruin a paddy. Let's all keep in mind that right now it's going to be crazy boat traffic. If he does this everyday a boat gets close to him we are not gonna have any paddies to fish this year.

Upvote 0

Huntersmoon

Almost A Member
Jan 8, 2006
here
Name
nombre
Boat
no
Sportboats, many of them, will slide right in without a care to the PB. Its a big ocean and tons of fish this year, if you dont like crowds its easy to find fish away from them.

Upvote 0

Bobcatt300

Work...., is for people who don't fish....!
Jul 13, 2013
Silverado
Name
Rick
Boat
32' custom sport fisher "Adios". 24' sea pro "Buck Naked"
Come on.... No takers on patty real estate..... Ok. I will cut my commission!!!!!

Upvote 0

Kareem Korn

Muffin Monster
Feb 17, 2005
State of Confusion
Name
Tim
Boat
Longboard, 15' Calibogie ("Bogart")
I agree everybody has a different opinion on what's too close. And as far as sliding in goes, we did not slide into anything we hung on the outside and nobody on my boat dropped a line until he left and ran the paddy over. My post here is not to argue with anybody about what he did. But I am just shocked

Not condoning the childish departure of the Thunderbird captian. All I was pointing out is the Thunderbird is a 65' X 18' boat. In the big wide open ocean 80' away from a 65' boat is only a little over a boat length away to him.

Upvote 0

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
Screw all this talk about bad captains.....I'm pissed I've caught nothing but tuna this year and not one dodo and this guy has the balls to complain about a torn up paddy...the nerve!!!

Reactions: MikeyLikesIt
Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
HaHa

Really? Bad shit happens to good people all day and vice versa. Take that one and shove it as far up your ass as possible. Nobody other than thieves themselves deserve to have shit stolen from them.

Upvote 0

Tebbis69

Jul 23, 2012
Trabuco Canyon
Name
Greg
Boat
Missy Miss
Ahhh the old Tbird love that boat. Great old boat and lots of great fishing memories. Love watching FSN on Sundays, and seeing the old girl. Was a pinhead on that boat when I was a kid. Learned alot about fishing from those guys. Love the old Tbird.

Reactions: Tunakillers
Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
80 feet is really close to another vessel when the bite is miles wide.

Upvote 0

Crashburn

Executive Board Member
Feb 26, 2013
Dog Beach Mostly
Name
Mike
Boat
Never Ever Again 7 has been enough !
image.jpg

Upvote 0
Status