United Composites to start production again!!!

JohnTFT

Insomniac
Feb 11, 2007
The "718"
Name
John
Boat
A big Steel One
Some great news. Randy Penny formerly of Seeker Rods has taken over United Composites.

This is a great development for all who want the unique products that UC was making.

We can all have our Raptors, Challengers, Wahoo Jr, 602, 603, 702 and 703 rods!!

I am very happy for my friend Randy. I have no doubt that there will be some great things coming out of the UC factory and the mind of Randy.

I wish him all of the best and hope that you will all support him through your local tackle shop, custom rod builder or online retailer in making UC the success that it rightly should be.

Soda Pop

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Thanks for this great info. I have two rods salty dawg made for me. Now this is a real treat. I have caught many big fish on these rods.

fishfish

Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
Any word on where the UC Factory will be located???

Rodless_Jim

Apr 3, 2008
Mexico, DF, Mexico
Name
Jim
Boat
Strictly a Rider
Any word on where the UC Factory will be located???
The previous owner was Australian, and I believe the rods were made in Indonesia, but I could be wrong about that (this is after GUSA folded; their last shop was in Arizona). Where will they be made now? I guess you'll have to ask Randy.

JohnTFT

Insomniac
Feb 11, 2007
The "718"
Name
John
Boat
A big Steel One
The rods will be made in Huntington Beach Southern California at the current UC plant.

I believe there should be blanks available at the end of June and completed rods by Late July early August.

fishfish

Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
So it sounds like they are shooting to have their own line of factory rods and not just blanks huh?

Excaliber

Oct 12, 2006
Meridian, ID.
Name
Mike
Boat
sold
I saw some info on Charkbait about them starting up again. They are Real Pricey blanks with only a two year warranty like before.

otownjoe

rail hugger
Mar 6, 2012
Orlando
Name
Joe
Boat
big one with a high rail
i saw a post from capt richie where he had the uc zeus blanks back in stock.sounds like they might be up and running already.

strictly1

Oct 4, 2006
lakewood
Name
stephen
Boat
none
yeah I was over visiting Randy at the shop yesterday and he is chomping at the bits to get things rolling. It is great to see all the creative juices flowing and he seems to be ready to take UC to the top of the pile for rods and blanks. I am sure now he is free to create all the things he wants to that going to the top will not be long. Best of luck with this buddy!!!

JohnTFT

Insomniac
Feb 11, 2007
The "718"
Name
John
Boat
A big Steel One
i saw a post from capt richie where he had the uc zeus blanks back in stock.sounds like they might be up and running already.
That is old stock. Randy is making some new equipment purchases to make UC more efficient. No blanks have been produced yet.

Scold

Yes, that's my back.
Dec 1, 2009
San Jose, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
N/A :(
The rods will be made in Huntington Beach Southern California at the current UC plant.

I believe there should be blanks available at the end of June and completed rods by Late July early August.

John, could you PM me Randy's contact information? Either email or phone #.

JohnTFT

Insomniac
Feb 11, 2007
The "718"
Name
John
Boat
A big Steel One
UC's contact info:

714-898-7500

email: [email protected]

I am very happy to see the great reception this news has brought. UC blanks are unique and brutally strong. Randy is a top designer and rod builder. It should be a great match.

Last edited:

Scold

Yes, that's my back.
Dec 1, 2009
San Jose, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
N/A :(
Thanks John! Much appreciated!!!

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
You can keep an eye on Randy Penny on Facebook.