kayakbeast33

Haven't posted enough yet
  • Mar 9, 2012
    buena park CA
    Name
    steven
    Boat
    Almost time
    Anyone fish the UC gp xf rods? Curious on your thoughts. I have a a few gp rods the lightest being the 85 mag and I am wondering if I should have an 85 or 90 xf wrapped. Please let me know your thought on the rod. Thank you.

Reactions: dmendoza72

Bob Sands

BOB SANDS TACKLE
    Advertiser
    Feb 26, 2011
    Van Nuys, Ca USA
    bobsandsfishingtackle.com
    Name
    Jamie
    Boat
    #1 Tackle Shop
    Yo KB,

Though the 85 Mega and Mag are awesome, all around sticks, for those who prefer this length, as is the entire GP Line up, the XF, in all the lengths, really allows the angler to get just a bit more out of their much lighter lures, lead-heads and light bait.. I believe we just received another order of 90 XF blanks from the factory as most all of the GP series sells out quickly. Good news is that we generally receive 1 or 2 shipments a week from the factory as we constantly have orders with them. We also have a huge inventory of most all of the GP series blanks, factory wraps and most other series from United Composites. If you are interested in comparing, call the shop.

Have a great season.

Respectfully,

Jamie

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Noms

Dirty taco maker
  • Aug 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Angel
    Boat
    15 foot tin can
    Love my gp 85xf. Don't see much information/review on them. Really like mine for calico and sand bass fishing. Which is all I've gotten the chance to do with it. Can't wait to fling coltsnipers and stickbaits to school tuna and bonitos. I've messed around with throwing 30lb line and light jigs. Like my jpot, tady c, killer jigs, and other small irons. Rod is super lightweight and I have no doubt that it can handle the 30lb line rating it has.

kayakbeast33

• Mar 9, 2012
    buena park CA
    Name
    steven
    Boat
    Almost time
    Love my gp 85xf. Don't see much information/review on them. Really like mine for calico and sand bass fishing. Which is all I've gotten the chance to do with it. Can't wait to fling coltsnipers and stickbaits to school tuna and bonitos. I've messed around with throwing 30lb line and light jigs. Like my jpot, tady c, killer jigs, and other small irons. Rod is super lightweight and I have no doubt that it can handle the 30lb line rating it has.
    How is you rod setup? Cork? Trigger split grip? Sorry for all the questions but I'm thinking of having one wrapped.

Noms

Dirty taco maker
  • Aug 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Angel
    Boat
    15 foot tin can
    How is you rod setup? Cork? Trigger split grip? Sorry for all the questions but I'm thinking of having one wrapped.
    X wrap with fuji reel seat and some simple marbling. The reel seat and grip was on the rod when I bought it from a member on here. Otherwise I would have had it deckhand style.
    M&M finished up the rest.
    My "highlighter".
    PXL_20210410_215726918.jpgPXL_20210410_215738308.jpgPXL_20210410_215756212.MP~2.jpg

kayakbeast33

• Mar 9, 2012
    buena park CA
    Name
    steven
    Boat
    Almost time

kayakbeast33

• Mar 9, 2012
    buena park CA
    Name
    steven
    Boat
    Almost time
    I have a GP 90xf it's great for throwing swimbaits or jigs, quite capable of handling school size tuna, rockfish, and yellows. Have it pair with a tern 300.
    The tern 300 hadn't crossed my mind... I was thinking of adding an xf and lexa 300 something along those lines. I have an 85 mag that I use with a valiant 300 and love that combo.