tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
Must be where that "bump" is...for the life of me can't figure out why paving companies can't blend new and old better even if it is temporary..I had to slow to near a stop last time through...which sucks on a 60mph hwy.

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
Could care less about that clown. What pisses me off is this idiot is going to cause massive delays. I HATE sitting in traffic that is stopped/barely moving because some ass-hat forgot to get his shit tight or is driving like an idiot......

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Good thing the fenders were out

Sure hope nobody got hurt going the other way.

Baby J

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 28, 2017
Puyallup
Name
Jeremy
Boat
23' Walkaround
I’d be willing to bet he’d get way better gas mileage if he towed that boat on a trailer :-) Looks like the boat did better than the truck in this ordeal.

rickstah

Ocean ho.
Nov 24, 2013
Bremerton
Name
Rick
Boat
19' Maxum for the Sound / Ocean boat-ho
Is that a piece of the trailer sticking up from under the "truck"?

Tuna-Tic

Born to kill Tuna.
Sep 5, 2011
Curtis
Name
Chris
Boat
Freelancer !!
Could care less about that clown. What pisses me off is this idiot is going to cause massive delays. I HATE sitting in traffic that is stopped/barely moving because some ass-hat forgot to get his shit tight or is driving like an idiot......
Just Breath dude. Your'e gonna give yourself a heart attack.

Reactions: FishPimpII

Odin7

Doug Fir
Apr 19, 2008
Beverly Hills
Name
Elizabeth Warning
Boat
Space Shuttle
You all assume this came off a trailer.

Maybe this boat is an un-tamable beast? Perhaps he was coming in hot to the ramp and didn't cut the throttle back in time, jumped on to the shore and coincidentally, stopped on the highway?

That's the story I would tell if my boat ended up on the road...

Reactions: Baby J

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
Just Breath dude. Your'e gonna give yourself a heart attack.
If you drove I-5 everyday of your life to go to work, you may understand my disdain for irresponsible drivers. It costs valuable time. Our time is our most valuable commodity. I would rather not waste it stopped on a road. Get it ...........

Last edited:

Odin7

Doug Fir
Apr 19, 2008
Beverly Hills
Name
Elizabeth Warning
Boat
Space Shuttle
If you drove I-5 everyday of your life to go to work, you may understand my disdain for irresponsible drivers. It costs valuable time. Our time is our most valuable commodity. I would rather not waste it stopped on a road. Get it ...........
Not to mention all the innocent people killed/crippled on the highway by people who don't secure their loads, text while driving, are putting on make up or eating a pork chop sandwich behind the wheel.

Guns are dangerous because they are scary.

You know what is scary? Three and a half thousand pound missiles flying past me piloted by morons.

troller w

Dec 14, 2010
Anacortes
Name
Dennis
Boat
Troller 190 Hewescraft Searunner
It would be interesting to hear what happened.From what I can see is even the safety chain broke off trailer and also the ratchet strap broke but doesn’t surprise me being it’s a lawn mower strap. Lol
I would assume to much for that big bad ass Nissan!

After looking at it more closely on my phone I have no ideal what ratchet strap was for maybe looks

Last edited:

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
Looks like flagging tape put on by clallam so to keep people from running into the boat...

for all we know the guy swerved for an elk, blew a tire and lost control, or had a complete hitch failure...quick to jump to assumptions. If I remember right BD members are not immune to boats coming un hinged or jumping off trailers.

Wild Bill

Forgettable member
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
Yep that is one of those newer Nissan shortz loader models. I feel bad for the guy as that is my worst nightmare. After recently towing my boat to Portland and back I can confirm I still hate towing my boat even with all the right equipment. If there had been a water route I’d have done that. Oh so many bad patches of road and even more really bad drivers encountered. After running that gauntlet unscathed I had a family of deer jump the guardrail in front of me on the 2.5 mile journey to go launch the boat on Camano. I am not sure how I didn’t hit any of them, as I was unwilling to leave the roadway to avoid them. I guess it was more like they missed me somehow. Yep still hate towing.

Last edited:

Odin7

Doug Fir
Apr 19, 2008
Beverly Hills
Name
Elizabeth Warning
Boat
Space Shuttle
There are a lot of excuses I don't want to hear from someone if I am laying in a bed on a ventilator:

"It's not my fault. My bearings seized up (because I didn't do the maintenance)..I had a complete hitch failure (because I have the wrong one or didn't inspect it and perform maintenance on it) my tires were under/over inflated (because I didn't check and correct them), my boat jumped off the trailer because my straps weren't on or not put on properly or my boat wasn't loaded onto the trailer properly and I was too lazy to back it into the water again and correct..my safety chains weren't connected (because I don't have a safety check list I follow before I pull away)..I'm not used to towing such a heavy boat (then don't until you have more experience towing)..I can't afford a tow rig to pull this boat (then you can't afford the damage you will cause)..the road is a piece of crap and I lost control when I hit the hole (you are driving too fast for conditions and/ or ignored the sign(s) that were posted for a mile warning you about the bump)..I had a long day of fishing and I was dozing off and crossed the center line (take a break..drink some coffee or just flat out don't get behind the wheel until you are fresh enough) ..."

The excuses are endless.

Accidents don't happen. They are caused.

Make sure you are equipped and capable before you get on the road. If you aren't, then don't.

Sure, get pissed at me. I'm an asshole. I already know that.

Whether you are late for work because of traffic or getting a C-collar put around your neck on the side of the road, you will realize the real asshole is the one who put you there.

People screw up. That does happen. I'm human (according to that so called "doctor") and I do too.

Don't offer excuses. Take ownership. You cause the damage/ injury because you are the one who turned the key. Not an elk, not God, not aliens. Share your mistakes so others might learn from them. Don't repeat the same mistakes.

boatmanjf

capt. Jack.
Feb 28, 2010
Vancouver, wa. Ilwaco
Name
Jack
Boat
28' LARSON Sportfish "the Rusty Hook"
Couldn’t agree more. Sooo many boats going down the road with tow rigs that have NO business towing THAT boat.

Reactions: Odin7

TonyG

Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
That's no tow vehicle unless you have a tiny boat on a single axle trailer.

Reactions: dragonballs

koopa

Arima Adventures
Feb 3, 2018
Puget sound
Name
Koopa
Boat
Arima
Anyone have any idea of what that boat and trailer would weigh? Little confused on why a couple have said the truck has no business towing that boat.