DrBob89

Almost A Member
Jul 12, 2017
Altadena, CA
Name
Bob Nigbor
Boat
Freedom Boat Club
I've paid big bucks to fish in 40 degree rain in Alaska and enjoyed it. But a morning fishing the Horseshoe in 65 degree drizzle just seemed miserable. I did get to use my foulies...

Left San Pedro at 6:30, back at 11. Wind was around 8 kts at 6:30 and had been blowing all night, so it was a bit rough. I fished some deeper spots at the outer Horseshoe and the edge of San Pedro canyon, looking for dinner. After a couple decent reds I gave up on that. The drift was just too fast for an 8 oz Magic Metal jig. The usual Horseshoe spots produced 10 or so bass on the Kman swimbaits and small MM jig. My last stop was the 7 Minute Wreck, and it was jammed full of fish. But I was too damp & cranky to stick around for more than one calico.

Sorry no pix, my phone was in two ziplocs.

An excellent cappuccino at the new Sirens on 7th in San Pedro got me warm & happy again. Even with the rain it was good to be out. And dinner will be good tonight.

Upvote 0

Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
  • Sep 8, 2017
    La Mirada/Whittier
    Name
    Logan
    Boat
    Wanting a bigger boat
    Wow it was raining for you guys? I do agree with the lump, when we launched out of Davies at 5:00 it was a good lump but rain I never ran into.

Upvote 0

DrBob89

Almost A Member
    Jul 12, 2017
    Altadena, CA
    Name
    Bob Nigbor
    Boat
    Freedom Boat Club
    Wow it was raining for you guys? I do agree with the lump, when we launched out of Davies at 5:00 it was a good lump but rain I never ran into.
    It drizzled for me near PV, heavy at times. The PV weather station says 0.04" for the morning.

Upvote 0