UFC 80 ? Anyone care to comment

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
Well i did not buy the fight. Forgot about it, wasnt thrilled about the card. Watched the BJ Penn V. Joe Stevenson match on youtube this AM. BJ Completely dominated Joedaddy on the ground the entire fight, which only lasted two rounds before BJ slid in the rear naked choke on the bloodied Stevenson. Man, BJ is gonna need more juice than that to beat Sean Sherk. He owned Joe, was on top for two rounds, and could barely stand up after the fight, he was borderline exhausted. If thats all he brings to fight Sean Sherk, BJ will get ragdolled and beat into submission. Should be a great fight though.

Also saw on You tube Gabriel Gonzaga got knocked out, basically knee striked to death and finally pounded out on the ground not defending himself AT ALL. fight was stoped.

Hardnik fight was on youtube, he knocked the guy silly in about 10 seconds and ref stopped it before the guy knew what hit him, seems like the crowd was bummed then the video cut.

Im glad i saw these fights free on youtube, check them out before they are removed. Anybody have any thoughts on this card, it was in Manchester (England).

medunn16

Captain blue perch!!!
Apr 1, 2006
Lomita
Name
Chris
Boat
Blackman'46'Boat Ho!!!
Thanks for the update,I missed it too.

Alex

May 13, 2007
Clairemont
Name
Alex
Boat
nope
I wasn't expecting much but it turned out to be a good card. They showed all but one fight and only one of them went the distance. I think BJ had the cardio and was more of an emotional thing. I am not a fan of either, but I can't wait to see Penn vs. Sherk in a few months.

I thought it was funny when Goldberg kept asking Sherk what he thought made BJ so great given all the shit talking going back and forth between them.

bennye

The Yellow Killer
Apr 25, 2006
Escondido
Name
Benny
Boat
0,Prowler 15, Kayak
BJ will completely dominate Sherk. BJ much better striker, much better ground game. He knows the only way he loses is from lack of conditioning. It wont be a problem.

Mstonefish

Captain
Feb 6, 2003
Escondido
Name
Mark
Boat
22' Bayrunner CC 140 Suzuki 4 stroke
First time I have seen BJ fight, he pretty well dominated Stevenson.........that glancing elbow in the 1st opened a wicked gash. One of the bloodiest fights I have seen, you could actually see blood pumping 3' while BJ choked him out.

Lambert was controlling his fight on the ground until he got caught by a solid left from Gouviea that ended his night in the 2nd.

Markus Davis knocked out some French dude in the 1st minute.

Gonzaga looked good in the 1st........landing some wicked, repeated leg kicks that seemed to hobble Werdum. Both fighters looked tired in the second when Fabricio hit Gonzaga with a few well placed knees which obviously slowed Gonzaga as he was pushed against the ropes before being stopped with head shots. I expected more out of this fight.

Paul Kelly and Paul Taylor came out fists flying in an exciting start to an otherwise boring fight on the ground. Kelly looks like a good striker but showed he is severely lacking in ground skills.

Both of the fights on the undercards were over as quick as they started........I hope not to see the losers back in the cage after their performances.

Overall I am glad I was invited to watch the fights as I don't think they were worth paying to see, even thought there was some brief exciting action in a few fights.

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
The fights werent bad at all, and in fact pretty good IMO.

BJ Penn was not exhuasted and as was already stated it was more of an emotional thing where he just got caught up in the moment of what he acheived.

I think BJ will beat Sherk. Sherk is not going to be anywhere near the fighter he was after laying off Roids due to being caught and suspended on his last fight.

I have a good buddy who was at my house watching the fights and this guy used to be a big time lifter roid user untill about a year and a half ago. My buddy was huge and weighed about 280lbs during his peak. He now has been off the stuff due to some serious serious heart health problems, and he was saying last night that Sherk will not even be anywhere near the fighter he was while he was juiced up..... no way, no how.

The unknown fisherman:p:

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
Well I dont see why he would be so emotional about what he accomplished which was a convincing W over a decent opponent. An interum title doesnt mean much. I think BJ expected himself to win the way he did, but yes these guys are always emotional after big fights. Maybe BJ was concerned about Joes strength and was overcomed with emotion that he was able to control Joe. i dont know, i watched the fight this morning, i wasnt imagining it when BJ could barely stand, i know my eyes were working. He was tired, way too tired to have been able to take 5 rounds of Sean Sherk, that man is a savage at 155#, and you gotta figure he is pissed too. BJ is going to have to come with much more to beat Sherk. JMO. Cant wait to see that fight, i wont be betting any $$.