Yellowtail Dan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
Great work Jake, I’m still trying to make up my mind between the two in the new line up

Reactions: cow man

cmepen

Jun 16, 2009
Chula Vista
Name
Einar Lohner
Boat
Cabo Marine 226
Beautiful thread work as usual!!! Gorgeous work!

Kman

Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat
Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
Awesome work as usual. Both awesome rods, I bring those exact 2 rods on every trip I go out on.
For what line class? I’m looking for a heavy 30# bait stick. Will be fishing braid, so I want parabolic, which these rods are. The Monster specs heavier than the Mega.

InDeepShip

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 5, 2017
Ventura
Name
Adam
Boat
In My Dreams
For what line class? I’m looking for a heavy 30# bait stick. Will be fishing braid, so I want parabolic, which these rods are. The Monster specs heavier than the Mega.
Id go with the CE mega the US are a little stiffer and the CEs are great for running straight braid to short leaders.

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
Just ordered the RGP 80 Mega. Only took me a couple weeks after the FHS to make the call

onlyfishn

Fisherman or Fool
Jan 16, 2008
burbank
Name
calicoslayer
Boat
none
I use the mega for 20-25 and the monster for light irons like Tady 45s kicker 25 light or bait rod up to 40. That monster is truly a monster.

greatbasin

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 22, 2007
Idaho
Name
Greg
Boat
Knot Yet
As Jake mentioned these are the US models and I choose those to fill a specific line test slots. A little stiffer than the CE's and not the bumped up rating of the GP's which I already have covered.

If I keep it up at this pace it will just be easier for me to get the few UC rods I dont have. :)

Last edited: