Excaliber

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 12, 2006
Meridian, ID.
Name
Mike
Boat
sold
I've been searching everywhere trying to find some bendo pics of the UC US 76/80 Predators and the new GP Predators. These must be some top secret rods as I can't find anything on them going back years.

I'm looking for some new 50-60 lb sticks for my Penn TRQ40NLD2 and Fathom reels. I'll be coming to SD in the next few weeks and hope to be able to get up to Bob Sands and check them out.

If any of you have some nice bendo pics of these rods in action I'd sure like to see some. Rail shots would be nice to see the action of the rod. Spectra/ fluoro weight and drag settings would really help too.

Thanks

Shon

Fish til I can't fish no more
Jan 21, 2014
Redondo Beach/ Mammoth
Name
Shon
Boat
Spirit of Adventure/ Pac Voyager
Unfortunately I don’t have any bendo picks with the rod but I will tell you I’ve caught lots of bluefin and yellowfin on the UC RUS Predator. I like it so much I have 2 now. They are paired with Okuma Andros 12slla and 12nslla.
I’ve killed lots of wahoo as well. It’s a great 50 pound rod and I’ve used 60# with no problem.

JoeInMN

Fishing from 40 below to 120 above..
Sep 10, 2017
minnesota
Name
Joseph Koep
Boat
American Angler , Ice Castle Fish House
I have both the 7'6 and 8ft predator. Absolutely my favorite 50-60lb if not my favorite rods period , have multiple tuna over a 100 on each.

Reactions: Bob Sands

Excaliber

Oct 12, 2006
Meridian, ID.
Name
Mike
Boat
sold
Awesome guys!!! Thanks for the pictures. This gives me a much better idea on the 76 and 80 Predator as I was told the 80 bends much deeper into the blank. The GP blanks look to be allot faster than the previous gen.

I think I'll need a few of those Predators.

Thanks

Reactions: Bob Sands

909fishslayer

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 2, 2018
Riverside
Name
Travis
Boat
None
To me 60# is too much on the US Predator 8’. Would be alot harder to lift a 100lber and up I feel at the higher drag setting. This is where the GP comes in.

Last edited:

Pjstevko

Nov 12, 2015
Three Rivers California
Name
PJ Stevko
Boat
N/A
i can't wait to break in my new GP 8' Predator on the PQ in 2 weeks!

I'm still trying to decide which reel to mount on it....Speedmaster 16ii or Fathom 40n....

909fishslayer

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 2, 2018
Riverside
Name
Travis
Boat
None
i can't wait to break in my new GP 8' Predator on the PQ in 2 weeks!

I'm still trying to decide which reel to mount on it....Speedmaster 16ii or Fathom 40n....
Either. Saw a guy put hurt on 80# class bluefin last trip on 60# line on fathom 40n. Got them in as quick as me on my makaira 16 and another person on his makaira 20. He knew how to fish. Id say speedmaster if your going 80# and 60#.

Pjstevko

Nov 12, 2015
Three Rivers California
Name
PJ Stevko
Boat
N/A
My plan is to run the 16ii on it as a 60# bait rig but maybe i'll stick the 40n on it just to see how it feels as well....