SergeyS

Oct 8, 2020
Huntington Beach
charkbait.com
Name
Sergey Smith
Boat
Imaginary
sounds like it might be a fun rod to play on a Panga boat on my Sea of Cortez waters, normally we fish on shallow waters around the islands of Gonzaga bay area.
I will have it considered for get one on the future, but according to my readings seem that a knife jigging rod will be more useful for me than a proper SP rod, along with the UC now I even considering the RCKJB rainshadow line up, do you have any experience with the lightest blank for that line ? RCKJB600-112 6ft 15-30lb
I know I've pulled on that specific blank before but it has been a while. The RCKJB's are nice blanks at a pretty great price. Should be good for what you're doing.

F.I.S.H.Y

Fishermen.
  • Sep 27, 2019
    San Diego CA
    Name
    Erick
    Boat
    None
    sounds like it might be a fun rod to play on a Panga boat on my Sea of Cortez waters, normally we fish on shallow waters around the islands of Gonzaga bay area.
    I will have it considered for get one on the future, but according to my readings seem that a knife jigging rod will be more useful for me than a proper SP rod, along with the UC now I even considering the RCKJB rainshadow line up, do you have any experience with the lightest blank for that line ? RCKJB600-112 6ft 15-30lb
    Check out the goofish slow pitch rods. Best bang for the buck, I use the yellow color with a Saltiga 15h. You can high stick these things and they won't break, insanely light too. Under $200.

JamesTaylor

Question Everything
    Jan 7, 2019
    Cypress, Ca
    Name
    James Taylor
    Boat
    Sportboats
    PCH 741 XXH

EFCAEC58-7204-44D5-98CD-B5CFFEFA27E1.jpeg

9A274AA0-0F6A-4DD9-ACB7-3FBF8066D792.jpeg
    BA9C9ECB-9A8A-4834-8D0D-AB17F2BA3EA5.jpeg

Reactions: fishin_kid

JamesTaylor

Question Everything
    Jan 7, 2019
    Cypress, Ca
    Name
    James Taylor
    Boat
    Sportboats
    I would take that CE monster back and ask for another rod. That guide spacing has to be a mistake.
    It is a factory rod. The distance from the reel seat to the stripper guide is the issue because the blank bends so deep. I have added another guide right above the foregrip and it solved the problem. It is my favorite 30 lb stick

huntconrad

Apr 3, 2020
    Nor CAl
    Name
    Hunt Conrad
    Boat
    22 foot whitewater jetcraft
    The 6480 is a legit #40 pound rod. The UC monster more 30-40. I wonder if on a deck hand model monster you cant push the clamp a couple of inches further up the rod to get rid of the line rub

Reactions: Larry S

Larry S

• Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    The 6480 is a legit #40 pound rod. The UC monster more 30-40. I wonder if on a deck hand model monster you cant push the clamp a couple of inches further up the rod to get rid of the line rub
    Is the 1st guide a #20, or a #25, I use Braced SS, and on the heaveyer stuff, start with a #24. 1st guide 22 to 24 in, from real position.

Last edited:
    May 8, 2020
    Point Loma
    Name
    Troy
    Boat
    Fun Ones
    How much torque is absorbed in the bend, and not tranfered to the person holding the rod?
    Based on how that rod looks and the angle he’s holding, there is a bit of force going into the butt.

All I know is that the harder you can pull and the closer you can bring the rod to yourself on a fish, the better with stand up rods.

Reactions: Larry S

dorkboy87

Dec 22, 2020
    west covina
    Name
    Doan
    Boat
    Tue
    JamesTaylor
    JamesTaylor
    Its my buddys rod, i cant recall if he caught anything on it yet. It feels nice when pulling on it though and its really light weight

F.I.S.H.Y

Fishermen.
  • Sep 27, 2019
    San Diego CA
    Name
    Erick
    Boat
    None
    From the third picture it looks like a good bend. How do you like fishing that rod? I just got a new Penn Fathom 40nld2 and trying to find a rod. I was thinking about a Calstar GFGR 875xxh or 800xxh because of faster actions. However, from the look of the PCH 741xxh I might consider getting that one instead to save money.
    Should fit nicely!

F.I.S.H.Y

Fishermen.
  • Sep 27, 2019
    San Diego CA
    Name
    Erick
    Boat
    None
    The GP rods really are quite a step up from the RUS rods, the backbone of the predator looks a bit nicer.

Reactions: Rivergil