U.C. GP AND RGP 900 9E BACK IN STOCK AND ON SALE. SALE ENDING 3-31-2021 PLEASE CALL THE STORE OR COME ON IN.

Dexter Outdoors

Bob Sands

BOB SANDS TACKLE
Advertiser
Feb 26, 2011
Van Nuys, Ca USA
bobsandsfishingtackle.com
Name
Jamie
Boat
#1 Tackle Shop
Good morning all,

Though The F.H. appears as if it will not be happening this year, Bob Sands Tackle, in Van Nuys, Ca., is now having a sale to help make up for the loss.

Though more items will be going on sale shortly
, Let's start with the following deals:

As a thank you to our customers, Bob Sands Tackle is now offering a 15% discount, from the Retail price, on United Composites, Calstar, Graftech, Blackhole, Okuma PCH and Phenix Rods and blanks that are in stock from our enormous inventory..

HUGE U.C. BLANK AND ROD INVENTORY IN STOCK.

The only exclusions will be the U.C. Factory wrapped Reaper Rods we have in stock are not part of the sale as we will never be able to get more
. When these are gone they are gone forever from retail sales. Yes, the U.C. GP 900 9E IS ON SALE. Please PM me if you are interested in the RGP 900 9E factory wrap as well at the discounted price..

Additionally, all of our Size 7 and 8 deck boots, from a variety of manufacturers, are on sale at 25% discount from retail.. Again, only Size 7 and 8 boots that are in stock will be on sale at this time..

JRI JIG SALE. BUY 3 AND CHOOSE 1 OF 3 FREE DW1 SPECIAL EDITION JIGS FOR YOUR 4TH FREE JIG. PLEASE CALL THE STORE OR BETTER YET, COME IN TO FIND OUT ABOUT THIS DEAL.

All Nomad lures and poppers on sale at 15% off

Fishlab Large Tackle bag $159.99

Killbag 20 X 65 regularly 129.99 Now $99.99

Diamond Braid $9.99 per hundred Yards
YoZuri Super Braid $10.99 per hundred Yards
Power Pro Moonshine Glow $10.99 per Hundred Yards.

This sale is on a first come first served basis and relegated only to items in stock at Bob Sands Tackle in Van Nuys, Ca.

IF THERE IS A ROD OR BLANK YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO PURCHASE PLEASE CONTACT THE STORE WHERE YOU CAN VERIFY IT IS IN STOCK THEN PAY FOR IT OVER THE PHONE BY CC. THE SALESPERSON WILL SET IT ASIDE FOR YOU SO YOU CAN PICK IT UP AT YOUR CONVENIENCE OR HAVE IT SHIPPED.

YES WE WILL SHIP RODS OR BLANKS UP TO 8 FEET IN LENGTH AT AN EXTRA CHARGE TO COVER THE SHIPPING RELATED COSTS.

You may also PM me with questions
. You may also contact me if your desired Rod or Blank is sold out before you can get it reserved.. No guarantees but I will see what I can do to get your desired items on order at the sale pricing..

THIS SALE WILL RUN THRU MID MARCH OR UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.. DO NOT WAIT, COME TO THE STORE ASAP OR GET YOUR ITEMS ORDERED BY PHONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I WILL BE ADDING ITEMS TO THIS SALE THREAD IN THE FUTURE SO PLEASE CONTINUE REFERRING TO THIS POST AND MY FUTURE REPLIES TO SEE WHAT OTHER ITEMS GO ON SALE

Hope to see you at the store or hear from you by PM.

Have a great season.

Respectfully,

Jamie and the entire Bob Sands Tackle Crew.

Last edited:

bullyo

Aug 5, 2005
San Marcos
Name
Anthony
Boat
None
The great price on a UC Viper is...?

I am not sure manufacturer's allow their wholesale customers to list the discounted sales price. Yes, you can do the math and take whatever discount % off of the list price, Minimum Advertised Pricing is what most companies hold their wholesale accounts to. But there is usually little or nothing they can do for sales that aren't posted on a website or instore.

On the surface, it creates more of a level playing field so wholesalers don't get into price wars online and piss off the other wholesalers who are playing by the rules

Reactions: Yellowtail Dan
Upvote 0

birdie800

ReelBigFish
Jul 11, 2009
LA County
Name
Chay
Boat
N/A
Does anybody have experience with the Fishlab roller tackle bags? How does it compare in form and function to the discontinued Nomads? Does it have any stability issues, such as a tendency to fall forward?

Reactions: Spear or rod
Upvote 0

Bob Sands

BOB SANDS TACKLE
Advertiser
Feb 26, 2011
Van Nuys, Ca USA
Name
Jamie
Boat
#1 Tackle Shop
Does anybody have experience with the Fishlab roller tackle bags? How does it compare in form and function to the discontinued Nomads? Does it have any stability issues, such as a tendency to fall forward?

Great question. Without getting into detail, the Fishlab bags are pretty much identical to the Nomads except for the new printed pattern on the material...

Jamie

Upvote 0

TanstaaflSD

• Dec 3, 2013
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Name
    Tanstaafl
    Boat
    n/a
    Great question. Without getting into detail, the Fishlab bags are pretty much identical to the Nomads except for the new printed pattern on the material...

Jamie
    I put the white rubber chairleg/table leg cups on my roller bag front supports -- added some front height and stopped most sliding.

SoftTouch Rubber Leg Tip (4 Piece), 1-1/4, White

On LR I bungie the bag to something.
    Tight lines

Upvote 0

screamingreel

Long Range Fanatic
    Jan 14, 2006
    Walnut Creek CA
    longrangesportfishingsandiego.com
    Name
    Jeff Burroughs
    Boat
    Long Range and Private
    I am not sure manufacturer's allow their wholesale customers to list the discounted sales price. Yes, you can do the math and take whatever discount % off of the list price, Minimum Advertised Pricing is what most companies hold their wholesale accounts to. But there is usually little or nothing they can do for sales that aren't posted on a website or instore.

On the surface, it creates more of a level playing field so wholesalers don't get into price wars online and piss off the other wholesalers who are playing by the rules

Hi Bullyo, good points. The reasons listed above are why I asked a customer who purchased the rod what they paid. The purchaser is not a wholesaler so their "advertising restrictions" do not apply.

- Jeff Burroughs

Reactions: tbev and bullyo
    Upvote 0

MikeC.

Jun 22, 2019
    Torrance, Ca
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    none

never heard of that, looked it up, no thank you ... take a look at the predator roller bag heard nomad also made change again, not sure if true

Upvote 0

Bob Sands

BOB SANDS TACKLE
    Advertiser
    Feb 26, 2011
    Van Nuys, Ca USA
    Name
    Jamie
    Boat
    #1 Tackle Shop
    FYI: I live 350 miles away from Van Nuys... I am not driving 10 hours spending $120 of gas to save $75. That is why I asked 8-)

- Jeff Burroughs

Hi Jeff,

We do ship 8 foot and under all across the U.S. We ship Rods in a Re-Useable PVC Tube to prevent damage with the PVC end caps.. We only charge what the shipper charges us plus the tube material..

Jamie

Reactions: DesotoBound
    Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Jamie, you do provide price quotes over the phone, right?

Upvote 0

Bob Sands

BOB SANDS TACKLE
    Advertiser
    Feb 26, 2011
    Van Nuys, Ca USA
    Name
    Jamie
    Boat
    #1 Tackle Shop
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Is 9' possible for total length via UPS, now? Shimano sent me a TRS 90M in a cardboard rod tube awhile back and bazooka tube fits 9 footers. For shipping in Cali

UPS policy

"Packages can be up to 150 lbs.

Packages can be up to 165 inches in length and girth combined.

Packages can be up to 108 inches in length.

Packages with a large size-to-weight ratio require special pricing and dimensional weight calculations."

Upvote 0

Bob Sands

BOB SANDS TACKLE
    Advertiser
    Feb 26, 2011
    Van Nuys, Ca USA
    Name
    Jamie
    Boat
    #1 Tackle Shop
    Hi ZZZZZ, Yes, UPS will ship longer packages but you may not want to pay the price.. Example, a 99 inch long tube that is about 4 inches in diameter (about 13 inches in circumference), going to San Francisco, will be over 200 dollars for the shipping.. As you get longer, the price goes up fairly substantially. Additionally, a 9 foot rod does not fit in a 9 foot tube (108 inches) as we need to add for some packaging protection on the ends of the rod.. Usually about an inch extra in length is required.. This extra length for a 9 footer could put the item out of the running completely for shipping at any price.. There was a guy driving oversize items between San Diego and San Fransisco for around 100 dollars per item but I have not been able to reach him for a while (Since Covid).. Add in the cost of the PVC tube and you will see it is doable but not necessarily affordable.

When all of the shipping companies changed their rates and policies for over sized lengths (over 8 feet) it really put a crimp in our long rod shipping ability.. Ughhh..

Have a great season,

Jamie

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    YES WE WILL SHIP RODS OR BLANKS UP TO 8 FEET IN LENGTH AT AN EXTRA CHARGE TO COVER THE SHIPPING RELATED COSTS.

So you can ship rods over 8 feet. But wow the ground cost is high but someone might pay to get the rod to the boat for a trip :D or time sensative. Or in general

Not sure now. But cardboard rod tubes with bubble wrap used to ship for less then pvc. Could be prone to breaking

But it's not my expertise shipping rods. I have dealt with allot of different UPS drivers with a daily UPS pick up for 5 1/2 years (bizz changed locations twice). With loading docks full of small to extra large packages. I ran all the E-commerce company's drop shipping from our warehouse or shipping to trade shows or parts to customers. With packages over 100lbs all over the Country. Some drivers were more leniant then others, back then and I probably got lucky on the bazooka tube costs. Have had customers UPS overnight AM delivery packages over 100lbs cross Country.

Sounds like the shipping rate is allot more now days

Tight lines and always like to see the promos 🤙

Last edited:
    Reactions: Bob Sands
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Additionally, a 9 foot rod does not fit in a 9 foot tube (108 inches) as we need to add for some packaging protection on the ends of the rod.. Usually about an inch extra in length is required.. This extra length for a 9 footer could put the item out of the running completely for shipping at any price..

When all of the shipping companies changed their rates and policies for over sized lengths (over 8 feet) it really put a crimp in our long rod shipping ability.. Ughhh..

If a 8' rod with the extra inches for padding is being accepted at 8' cost. Maybe a 9' rod with the extra inches of padding could ship at 9' also

Have seen China. Label packages a few lbs below the max UPS weight allowance. That were a few lbs above. That UPS always picked up no questions asked. Packages over 100lbs

Never seen a driver pull out a tape measure either

Logistics.

Upvote 0

Bob Sands

BOB SANDS TACKLE
    Advertiser
    Feb 26, 2011
    Van Nuys, Ca USA
    Name
    Jamie
    Boat
    #1 Tackle Shop
    If a 8' rod with the extra inches for padding is being accepted at 8' cost. Maybe a 9' rod with the extra inches of padding could ship at 9' also

Have seen China. Label packages a few lbs below the max UPS weight allowance. That were a few lbs above. That UPS always picked up no questions asked. Packages over 100lbs

Never seen a driver pull out a tape measure either

Logistics.

HI ZZ,

Actually, the shipper we use allows for a 97 inch long tube at the reasonable fee. After 97 inches, the sky is the limit on cost. As a note, should any of us, as a shipper, fudge on the length, girth or weight, the shipping company has the right to charge the shipper the full price.. Many of the folks in the Tackle industry had this issue previously, but I am fairly sure it only happened once to any one of them. LOL

Jamie

Last edited:
    Upvote 0