U-40 vs D2 vs Flex Coat

What is your thoughts on the best finish?

• Total voters
The American Tackle Company

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    what the heck are you talking about... if you can't post something that makes sense please don't reply / comment on my post.....
    I noticed you post a lot of Bull crap ..it because you want to be number 1 poster everyday ???
    go away please...
    Every story and comment gets at least a few up/downvotes. Some up/downvotes are by people to fuzz the votes in order to confuse spammers and cheater, or new active members that post a lot, because the Downvoters join a gang and Downvote new members to keep their statis in place, or you could say this gang of Downvoters are no better than coman Bullies! A gang of online Bullies! This could start a Downvote war, once a list of all the downvoter's is complete, if a determanation is made that the downvotes were cast with personal intent.

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    Every story and comment gets at least a few up/downvotes. Some up/downvotes are by people to fuzz the votes in order to confuse spammers and cheater, or new active members that post a lot, because the Downvoters join a gang and Downvote new members to keep their statis in place, or you could say this gang of Downvoters are no better than coman Bullies! A gang of online Bullies! This could start a Downvote war, once a list of all the downvoter's is complete, if a determanation is made that the downvotes were cast with personal intent.
    time for the ignore button on you ceya

Hector Garcia

@hectorscustomrods on instagram
  • Dec 28, 2017
    Lake Los Angeles, CA
    Name
    Hector Garcia
    Boat
    I need a ride.
    Gen 4 epoxy is good if you live somewhere where the temp is usually under 80* but above 65*. Its super thin, which is why it helps with bubble release. Its basically a little thicker than water, maybe canola oil consistency. If it gets too cold where you are wrapping or epoxying, it will make it hard to mix correctly. If its too hot, the epoxy becomes super thin and will drip everywhere, or harden super fast. Its a good product, but the warning about temperature range should be put on the bottle.

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    Gen 4 epoxy is good if you live somewhere where the temp is usually under 80* but above 65*. Its super thin, which is why it helps with bubble release. Its basically a little thicker than water, maybe canola oil consistency. If it gets too cold where you are wrapping or epoxying, it will make it hard to mix correctly. If its too hot, the epoxy becomes super thin and will drip everywhere, or harden super fast. Its a good product, but the warning about temperature range should be put on the bottle.
    thank you ... with that being said I think I will continue with flexcoat ...

Upvote 0

skrilla

allirks
  • May 26, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Len
    Boat
    Camo Whammo
    There is Gen4 and Gen4 lite. I've been getting away with one less coat with Gen4 as opposed to Gen4 lite, Flex Coat lite, Envirotex lite, and D2. It's been awhile since I've used other brands so I can't give an accurate up to date comparison. But if these companies want to send me a samples I'd be happy to conduct a full review.

Reactions: gecsr1
    Upvote 0