Two Solid Guys Looking to Join Your Crew

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
Me and a good fishing buddy are looking to join a crew. I posted the below in the Boat Ho (Rideshare) list but also wanted to post it here in case you dont read that thread. Benny and i like to fish offshore, but enjoy inshore and island fishing equally so please hit me up if we are what you are looking for. Thanks for reading....

Hello Fellas,

This is the second time that I am posting on the boat ho list. I know this is going to be a longer read than most posts in this forum, but there is so much more to know about someone you are considering bringing on your sled than name, age, location, etc…

A few years back I posted on here and within one day I received two calls. One was from @Benny Mora and the other was from Big Tom… I have been fishing with these guys quite often for the last few years and I have come to consider them very good friends. Benny had a 20’ Triton center console that was completely reliable and a fish killing machine. I fished with Benny from as far north as Catalina and offshore as far south as the 425 and nearly all spots in between. We often were looking for a 3rd guy and picked up a couple of solid fisherman from this list that we still fish with today (See references below). Unfortunately for me, Benny had to sell his boat to focus on purchasing a home and even though I am going to miss his sled, I am really happy that he is going to become a homeowner. Here is the post of the Triton for sale. https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/2006-triton-195cc.712729/ So now you know why I am back on the boat ho list, but this time… I am posting for two hard fishing and hard-working guys (myself and Benny).

First… You should know that we both have great attitudes, we are honest and trustworthy, love to laugh and joke around when the time is right. We have realistic expectations and know fishing is fishing and sometimes we get to catch. We know our way around a boat, have all the gear we will need, and pack light because room (no clutter) is everything when you are bent on a big one. Although we will likely have to learn your routines and preferences, we know and practice all of the fishing etiquette with treating your boat like it is ours kept on our minds at all times. This list could go on and on, but here are a few of the basics.

We show up on time (early). We bring ice, drinks, lunch, cash and any extra gear you ask us to (Trolling rods, kite set up, balloons, gyro binoculars, frozen squid, skin diving gear with spear for those finicky paddy Do-Dos, we even have a toilet if you don’t). We don’t get seasick and if it does happen (happens to the best sometimes), we are going to man up and deal with the hurtin’ until we are done fishing. We clean while we fish, don’t litter, pick up trash and balloons when we can, know how to make macks, don’t let sinkers roll or bounce on your boat, wear non-marking soles, don’t leave the bait net in the tank, chum/chunk consistently, look for life (birds, boils, porpoises, etc), keep an eye on the rods (no swinging jigs) while underway, careful to keep braid away from your prop, clear rods when we are bent, know how to gaff a headshot, can fillet with the best, take really good care of our catch (bleed, gut, ice). We both know how to tie a ton of knots and will rig up your rods how you want them to be rigged up with the knots you prefer. We both know how to connect and disconnect a trailer, launch a boat and safely park a trailer. I take pics of the parked truck/trailer before we go back to the dock and jump on just to make sure you know I did it right parking inside the lines and leaving an easy exit (when possible). We both are really serious about safety (avoid risky situations), I have my CA Boaters Card, and I am CPR certified but hope never to have to use it. We look for our own fish and follow the fishing regs to the letter. We pay our fair share without being asked and do not skimp when it comes to cleaning your boat and flushing the motor no matter how late it is or how tired we all are. Again, we treat your boat as if it were ours.

Benny and I have paid a lot of dues and learned a lot over the last two years and I feel that we have a lot to offer as far as trip planning, safety, trouble shooting. We always shared the catch on Benny’s boat because that seems to assist in the team effort to catch fish rather than focusing on catching your fish instead of helping your partner put his fish on ice. If there are any skippers that are new to offshore fishing, we will share our hard earned lessons and best practices with you. We are familiar with Mission Bay and San Diego Bay as well as the harbors up to Long Beach and San Pedro. We both have passports and fishing Mexico is no issue. I speak enough Spanish to get out of trouble but Benny is fluent in case we need to have a real conversation with the Mexican Navy (never had to but good to have if needed). I look forward to hearing from you and feel very confident that when you fish with us once, we will be your first call the next time.

Names: Chris Lindsey and Benny Mora
Location: We live in Corona, but will drive north to San Pedro and south to San Diego.
Availability: Saturdays but we both plan on taking time off during the week (Friday/Monday) to fish this summer and fall. I like to fish every other week or so in the summer/fall.
Contact Info: Chris (562) 233-7350 – Text is best but if you call, I will call you back.
Smoke/Drink?: Don’t smoke, drink rarely (We don’t get drunk ever), but don’t mind if you drink or smoke (but if you get hammered, that will likely be our last trip) Just too risky to be hammered on the water.
References: Hismosa, Tmitch760
Experience: Lots – Inshore and Offshore – I post a lot on BD, so feel free to search “SaltH20Angler” posts for more info.

Fishing Reports: https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/10-14-–-9-mile-bank-302-area.701844/#post-4709706

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/08-18-–-la-jolla-n9-s-of-the-209-–-big-dodo.697348/

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/8-4-–-a-couple-of-dodos-and-a-small-yellowfin-302-371.695981/

Last edited:

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
I’ll definitely keep you guys in mind. I would probably get out more if I had help in the financial department. Being a po mofo makes it tough most of the time.

SaltH20Angler

Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
I’ll definitely keep you guys in mind. I would probably get out more if I had help in the financial department. Being a po mofo makes it tough most of the time.
I hear you Bob, I'm not sure how many guys fit comfortably on your sled, but splitting the costs 3 ways certainly helps financially. Now you can get out 3 times as much. :D

Thank you for considering us. Hope to hear from you. Always cool to meet well-known active BD members.

SaltH20Angler

Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
very impressive, You guys sound very good... I'll keep both of you guys in mind...
Thanks Gary, I know of you and enjoy your posts. I know its not easy to find a good crew and I hope we have a chance to fish together to show you that those are not just words on a page.

Thanks for considering us and hope to put a face to your name buddy.

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
I hear you Bob, I'm not sure how many guys fit comfortably on your sled, but splitting the costs 3 ways certainly helps financially. Now you can get out 3 times as much. :D

Thank you for considering us. Hope to hear from you. Always cool to meet well-known active BD members.

My tub ain’t big, but three is just fine so long as everyone knows what is going on. If I’m fishing with a noob, I try and keep it to just us. I’ve taken two noobs before and eventually we had a good system working, but experienced guys that are used to small boats figure it out real quick.

Like you guys, I fish from San Diego to Long Beach typically and I try to keep it within 40-50 miles from port.

Reactions: SaltH20Angler

RodRage

Share the stoke!
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
Got an open boat Friday or Saturday heading to Catalina hit me up, 714-309-7110. Todd

Last edited: