Big Bay Yachts
Nov 18, 2018
Central Coast California
Name
Ross
Boat
20’ Skipjack
Aloha All,

I am new to the forum and stoked to be here, so thank you! I'm located on the Central Coast of California. I'm a spearfisherman, fisherman and surfer. I'm looking to buy my first boat...something seaworthy, mechanically sound and generally in excellent shape, capable of Channel Island trips. Been on other people's boats my whole life (dad's, uncles, friends etc.), but finally ready for my own. I've been saving up and was trying to find something for $15K, but I also realize that's like finding a needle in a haystack for a decent rig. I'd probably be able to come up with $20K if need be for the right boat. Unfortunately I'm not able to take on a "project" or anything that "needs work". I'm looking for something turnkey in the 18'-26' foot range. Ideally would like some kind of little cabin/pilot house; nothin fancy, just a place to lay our heads for overnighters. It's gotta be a safe boat too, as I'll often have my young son fishing with me. I'll come right out and say it, even though most of you are going to call me crazy, but I love Twin Vee's, Radon's, Wilson, Parker, Osprey and of course Boston Whalers. I'm not delusional though and am not trying to offend anyone with thinking I could get a good condition one of those with my budget, but it doesn't hurt to have something to strive for.

If any of you know of a boat that sounds like it might fit my description, please definitely let me know! Thanks a bunch, appreciate it!

Reactions: LarsTheViking
Upvote 0

LarsTheViking

Sep 21, 2013
Dana Point/CA/U.S.A.
Name
Lars T.
Boat
1990 Team Scarab 31 by Larry Smith. Twin Yamaha 250 OX66 EFI.
Maybe wait this one out pricewise for a bit?
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/d/grady-white-24-explorer-price/6727097856.html
00v0v_1cF4AbAzmFR_1200x900 1992 Grady-White 244 Explorer.jpg
00G0G_fU22nXguwPm_1200x900 1992 Grady-White 244 Explorer.jpg
00C0C_hrEoWAXwjmB_1200x900 1992 Grady-White 244 Explorer.jpg

Upvote 0

Neckface

Feb 27, 2018
Oxnard
Name
Solaris
Boat
22 Wilson
Hey man just bought a new boat and selling my 88 wilson 21 foot in your price range. Give me a call or text if you are interested. 805 5590201. Brian

Upvote 0

obsession

May 1, 2012
Olympia, WA
Name
Rob
Boat
Obsession
I am asking $25,000, but I would consider offers. My son and I fish 50 to 60 miles off shore out of Westport tuna fishing, I wouldn't take him if I didn't trust it. Very reliable and fishes great. We sleep two people in the cubby. Its worth a look either way.

[email protected]

Upvote 0