joew38

Captain
Aug 21, 2009
Glendora
Name
Joe
Boat
20' Robalo
I called today and I told the operator my issue and she tried to transfer me to her boss and he did not pick up the phone so she told me she was going to email him what happened and that he would get back to me. I will let you know when he does.

Upvote 0

crabdancer

Kook
Apr 18, 2012
LA/Santa Cruz
Name
Shannon
Boat
Edgewater
Johnny's in Pasadena is an excellent tackle store. You won't have any issues like this but if you do and you want to talk to the owner you just say 'Bob' and you're talking to the man.

Turners is a second rate gun store that also sells fishing gear. If they had any clue what they were doing they would've taken the spool with line out of the bad reel, inspected it, and if it was 100% ok installed it in the replacement.

Try Johnny's.

Upvote 0

lkatdpelicanfly

Lizard Fish Slayer
Jun 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Name
Frank
Boat
no
Johnny's in Pasadena is an excellent tackle store. You won't have any issues like this but if you do and you want to talk to the owner you just say 'Bob' and you're talking to the man.

Turners is a second rate gun store that also sells fishing gear. If they had any clue what they were doing they would've taken the spool with line out of the bad reel, inspected it, and if it was 100% ok installed it in the replacement.

Try Johnny's.

x2 Johnny's also has expert reel repair and servicing...they fixed my friend's reel w. A slightly bent shaft on a baitcaster and did a beautiful job...

Reactions: crabdancer
Upvote 0

elreytut

elreytut
Jun 19, 2005
Los Angeles
Name
bob
Boat
TARPON 120. NEW RIDE
You're not crazy Joe they suck. From their lack of knowledge to their shitty customer service it's plenty enough reason to avoid this place. Had a couple crazy incidents there, like being blamed for ruining a reel when I tried to exchange it(no bs the reel had the clicker on when the guy inspected it and thought I broke it!). Another time I was rudely and loudly scolded by a young girl there for letting her know the lobster gauges weren't where she told me to help her out when future customers ask. Your situation could have been avoided if they had saved an empty spool or two. Which is a very common tackle store move. They don't think like a real tackle store because they are not a real tackle store. One man's opinion.
they are a gun store. period.

Reactions: Bigfishhateme
Upvote 0