Turkey vest

mark stevens

Jul 3, 2005
sandiego
Name
mark
Boat
Next year
For the last 4 un ucsessful season I have been useing my day pack calls, decoys what not thinking about a vest with a hydration option any one use a vest

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
Jan 12, 2010
Kurt's neighborhood
Name
Tony
Boat
Tarpon 140
The only BIG plus of a vest that I can figure is the attached seat and "Special " call holders. I say use your day pack and carry a nice turkey seat/chair. Cabelas will show you all the options. Only saying this because I've been wondering the same thing and this is my conclusion. Love to hear more input.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I have not found dehydration to be helpful to me while turkey hunting...So why not?
    Then again I never killed one when I was properly hydrated either....:picknose:

Upvote 0

aeon

ugh....
    Apr 11, 2006
    foothill ranch
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    /600hp ls3 powered Airboat
    a vest can be sexy!!!!!!!
    vests.jpg

Upvote 0

IMAKECARSFAST

provider of protien
    Aug 24, 2004
    ramona
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    22foot, glacierbay center console, REEL BROKE
    i use a camelback daypack (green and grey in color).... put my locator calls in the cargo pockets of my pants when i find a turkey ... ill find a tree put my pack next to me with all my calls on top of it so i dont have to dig around for them... kick up some dirt for a softer seat... and deal with it!!

my decoys are in a mesh bag that i carry seperate if i take them.... if im moving alot covering some ground... i will call from a dense area where i wont use the decoys

the turkey will come out looking for there buddy and let them have it... thats how i got mine last year

Upvote 0

sdhunter

Jan 24, 2007
    Santee
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    1652 G3 SC Camo
    A turkey vest is a specialized vest for hunting turkeys. Will it make you more successful? No. Will it make things more organized? Probably so. They're not too expensive. To each their own I guess...

It's just another tool, like we use in other hunting ventures. Like a blind bag when waterfowling.

I find the vest useful. Butt pad is a big plus, and I stuff my foam decoys in the rear pouch. I'm wearing the vest, and slinging my shotgun, nice hands free hiking. Convenient call pockets within easy reach when sitting.

If you use a DSD decoy, it aint fitting in the rear pouch.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Come on man got look like I know what I'm doinLOL

I saw 2 buddies on Bldr. Ck. Rd. one year that had matching camo sunglasses....I was very impressed..:smoking33:

Upvote 0

ofdscooby

Jun 10, 2009
    Oceanside
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Whatever Nic is Rollin'
    I have always used a vest and love them I just bought the new Cabelas tactical'tatr and its pretty slick very organized. As far as hydration I always thought the vest makers came up a little short I can't find one out there with a spot for a hydration bladder so I had my mother in law sew in a little bladder pouch in the back storage.

Upvote 0

Latest posts