Captain Decent

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
We’ll be out Saturday. Ostensibly to put the boat on the trailer. Hopefully there will be bait but We don’t mind ripping jigs and tossing dead bait either.

If weather doesn’t cooperate we will chase coho in the basin.

WaveDancer

Fishing The Pacific Ocean & Puget Sound Since 1969
Aug 26, 2008
Kitsap/Westport, WA
Name
Ken
Boat
Prowling for a Cat
With the upcoming clear weather we are supposed to get, we should have some primo SST & Chloro Charts early next week.

This afternoon driving by the marina there was an awful lot of big fishing boats tied up to avoid the big NW blow happening in the next day or two so live bait may be an issue for some if all the big bait boats need to load up before heading back out.

I will try and go over to WP Seafoods one day this weekend and get some info on bait, but if nothing has changed from the last time I saw Big Mike, pens are looking kinda skinny right now.

WD

Reactions: frozenherring

WaveDancer

Fishing The Pacific Ocean & Puget Sound Since 1969
Aug 26, 2008
Kitsap/Westport, WA
Name
Ken
Boat
Prowling for a Cat
We’ll be out Saturday. Ostensibly to put the boat on the trailer. Hopefully there will be bait but We don’t mind ripping jigs and tossing dead bait either.

If weather doesn’t cooperate we will chase coho in the basin.
Tons of people fishing all the docks right now with nets moving all the time so right now seems to be a good time for the Marina Coho as I call them.

WD

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
Just talked with mike at Westport seafood. They are done. Only frozen available. It’s going to be a troll or jig show next week only. Kinda sucks. Best looking day. Is Tuesday but. Looks more like time to close tuna town for the season. It’s been a great year but with no bait it’s not worth the fuel. @Marlin Mike

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
Thanks Vance...but not worth the fuel... common...it's swim bait season.

Any idea how much frozen is.

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
I wonder how the boys in Oregon and Ilwaco (pre live bait) ever caught fish...

Iron and swimbaits are perfectly useful. Cut up chum and toss some now and again. Even drop down to some 20-25# and soak dead bait.

TooManyHobbies

The guy that makes the glass stuff
May 10, 2010
White trashville
Name
Garrett
Boat
21' SeaRay Laguna CC "Sea 'Scape"
That’s odd. It’s still September and the catching has been exceptional. Not selling bait and ice seems like a shitty business plan.

zzz

May 20, 2008
Issaquah, WA
Name
Kurt
Boat
23' Grady White "ZingFisher"
That’s odd. It’s still September and the catching has been exceptional. Not selling bait and ice seems like a shitty business plan.
They have been trying for anchovies but they tend to go away with low pressure weather systems.

Selling bait and ice to sport fishers is merely a side business for them anyway. Commercial is where they make their money.

Feb 14, 2012
Seattle
Name
Robert
Boat
2509 Trophy, 20' Riverhawk
They have been trying for anchovies but they tend to go away with low pressure weather systems.

Selling bait and ice to sport fishers is merely a side business for them anyway. Commercial is where they make their money.
They sell to commercials for $10to$20 a scoop and we pay $50, some side business....:eyepoppin

Reactions: dragonballs