Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Well a here is
The report AGAIN??? As the one I thought I posted didn't take Lol. We left 1-9 on the 1.5 day Tribute trip !!So our Indian summer grease calm days are a goner. Please prove me wrong. Well Mack drove, I m a little on tilt!!! Thanks bud!! Nice seeing our crazy fishing friends!! Let's get this out. These fish have been here awhile. Seen lots of their buddies die!!!! Eating thick line!! They need tricking. So this is no big secret to you top sticks out there. This is more of a cautionary tale!!! Lol LIGHT FLOUROCARBON IS A MUST!!!! Or stay home and save your $$$$$$ I used 15#. Even late in the morning I could not sniff a tuna bite!!! So I saw off the bow a few BFT swirls!!!Grabbed my inshore calico stick with 10# Flouro and a # 6 Gammy thin wire black, found a sweet lime green backed anchovetta as Sergio's dad was telling me in Italian Zest and pointing at swirls. Btw he fished by hand as a kid in Italy. He has forgot more about fishing than I will ever know!! So with his knowledge and encouragement. I get a great toss out on the boil. I hook into a ripper!!! This is my third (about to be two! Lol)BFT of trip. But it's far from in the bag yet. This gets back to the part about being a "cautionary tale" please if you are involved on either side of the fight, please have patience and work together. As the only fish hooked at the time was mine/Sergio's I had fought the BFT a good while. It was thrashing my Calcutta 400. We had both types mostly great anglers who got out of the way. But It got it cleared by the deckhands help !! Thanks again all p!! As the fish tired and so did I. About 45 minutes I put the rod in 82 year old Sergio's hands. He was smiling ear to ear!!! :-) he worked it hard for five minutes the fish came to color with a great gaff shot!!! And we had a
VERY VERY HAPPY 82 YEAR OLD ITALIAN!!!! Thanks to all the patient anglers. That endured some swell rain. Muck. I think we had around 20 or so BFT to around 28 lbs!!! Mack said he will post Sergio's pix soon!! Tight lines see you all soon!!! Jeff

Upvote 0

Spoons

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
21' Center Console
Good karma on the handoff, I bet he was all smiles!

10lb line though? Jeez so you were fishing 3lbs of drag?

Upvote 0

Choonaguy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Nov 17, 2010
Long Beach
Name
Joe Kane
Boat
none
In both reports you are sayin 20 or so bluefin landed? They reported having 66 of them for the trip that left 1-9 returning 1/11. I'm just curious

Upvote 0

Choonaguy

Nov 17, 2010
Long Beach
Name
Joe Kane
Boat
none
And the seaforth report on 976 said they were running the kite? which idk why more aren't using them out there for these line shy tuna

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Answer to some Questions the fish Sergio caught on #10 flouro was around 15 # and it was caught on bow we know how to control a fish and land it!!! while kite antics where going on in the stern. So we did this instead. Long wait. For lite turn. As for # of fish ??? Was not sure as I was fighting chest cold and took great pleasure sleeping. I knew we did ok is all 66 seems more than I paid attention to.

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
6# leader too...and then he woke up.
If you read I never said the size of his fish but I say fish "to" 28 Sergio's was around 15 lbs and we had on bow!!! Then you say I have #6 leader??? No I said #6 "Hook" in Gamy brand. You know if your going to pick apart reports?? Maybe READ!!!!! I took the time to pass along info to My esteemed BDers on here that like and want info. And they know who they are!!! Good Day Bro's

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Hey Jeff, just a suggestion. Some of your posts sound incredibly action-packed and exciting, but I don't think we've seen one of your posts with pics (not that we need them, but they contribute and support the facts). Most of us are naturally skeptical without a doubt. And I wouldn't depend on the salty 82 year old to post photos. Maybe time to trade in the flip phone for a camera-taking model.

Last year, I believe you posted something about a child catching "hundreds" of Albacore in one season, and that "fishy" smell could still be lingering on peoples desktops.

Have a superfantastic day!

Upvote 0

fishsmith

Captain
May 16, 2008
murrieta/ca/usa
Name
Jim
Boat
21' Proline "MarLinz"
Hey Jeff, just a suggestion. Some of your posts sound incredibly action-packed and exciting, but I don't think we've seen one of your posts with pics (not that we need them, but they contribute and support the facts). Most of us are naturally skeptical without a doubt. And I wouldn't depend on the salty 82 year old to post photos. Maybe time to trade in the flip phone for a camera-taking model.

Last year, I believe you posted something about a child catching "hundreds" of Albacore in one season, and that "fishy" smell could still be lingering on peoples desktops.

I agree, crazy good stories with no pics! Show me some pics as amazing as your reports and I'll apologize and start believing Jeff!

Upvote 0

peteking

Everybody take a look at the bad guy-T. Montana
Apr 21, 2013
Arcadia/CA/USA
Name
Pete King
Boat
Ohana
upload_2015-1-12_15-8-55.jpeg

Upvote 0

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks

Not true. He had a post with internet pics of jumping bluefin a few months back. hahaha

Reactions: Paddyman1
Upvote 0

finishright

May 17, 2008
Oceanside Ca.
Name
Mike Morris
Boat
prowler kayak
NICE YOU GOT FISH AND MADE A MANS DAY 82 AND STILL FISHIN GOT TO LOVE THAT SORRY I DONT HAVE THE ENERGY TO PIC YOUR POST APART THANKS FOR THE INFO

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
Well, glad you had fun with the bass rods and light string, I'll wait til the big dogs bite the 50 on a 2 speed for my old body parts! LOL LOL LOL

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
Yup the kite! Fun as heck...
And the seaforth report on 976 said they were running the kite? which idk why more aren't using them out there for these line shy tuna

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
Actually most people were fishing light gear....if your using 15 lb. leader, you can't fish heavy gear anyway...so yes, bass gear was appropriate.....
deckhands must love you fishing for tuna with your bass

Reactions: peteking
Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
Not sure why so much negativity...he had fun on his trip and was excited to share...so what if he had multiple posts on the same topic. He was out fishing!

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
And 66 boated with 2x that lost if not more....

Upvote 0

Choonaguy

Nov 17, 2010
Long Beach
Name
Joe Kane
Boat
none
Good I'm glad the boys on the tribute set you up for success and 66 bluefin on January the 10th, now I know not many SoCal anglers can say that

Upvote 0