makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
Some lady in DP takes a video of a rando spearing the wrong way and BD gets offended?

No one here has anything to do with this, and it's pretty awesome entertainment. Enjoy it.
I agree 90%. It is good to note that it is illegal as many people are unaware, including most likely the guy who speared the tuna. As I am pretty sure the OP has nothing to do with this vid, why not leave it up. It actuall appeared on other sites before this one and is still up on those.

Reactions: crabdancer
Upvote 0

nefarious235

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
If it was a hunter shooting a deer from the front seat of his 4x4 at night in the headlights or a guy dragging a BSB up the beach with a spear in it, they should stay up hoping to help the enforcement officials. I agree with leave it up. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse.
Not very enjoyable either to me knowing it's not legal. My guess is they knew it too. They probably have a sportfishing licence noting the equipment, ie wetsuit, speargun et al.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat
None
Why not use a crossbow on a swordfish.....

Oh yeah, that is illegal too.

Obviously the guy with fins was in the water trying to stick it.

Upvote 0

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
Some lady in DP takes a video of a rando spearing the wrong way and BD gets offended?

No one here has anything to do with this, and it's pretty awesome entertainment. Enjoy it.

He speared "the wrong way"? Fishing regs are in place for some silly reason; and we ALL need to follow them. and if we dont, fully expect even harsher regs in the future.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Definitely tops yellow tail in mission bay.

Upvote 0

crabdancer

Kook
Apr 18, 2012
LA/Santa Cruz
Name
Shannon
Boat
Edgewater
He speared "the wrong way"? Fishing regs are in place for some silly reason; and we ALL need to follow them. and if we dont, fully expect even harsher regs in the future.

You're calling me out because some bro didn't follow rules you said are silly? He probably will get a ticket and I'm fine with that, but the point is that the video is entertaining and no one here had anything to do with it. I'm sure a lot of people will learn not to do that because of this video, but none of them will have a chance to blast a YFT from a dock.

You can't tell dumb people what do do after the fact if you aren't even talking to the people who pissed you off, and you can't come down here from Oregon and save that tuna's life. The fish is dead and there's no amount of finger pointing that can change that. I guarantee that's not the last dead YFT we see this year.

Don't get your Oprah panties in a wad at the bottom of your purse playing junior DFW thought police on the internet.

Upvote 0

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
You're calling me out because some bro didn't follow rules you said are silly? He probably will get a ticket and I'm fine with that, but the point is that the video is entertaining and no one here had anything to do with it. I'm sure a lot of people will learn not to do that because of this video, but none of them will have a chance to blast a YFT from a dock.

You can't tell dumb people what do do after the fact if you aren't even talking to the people who pissed you off, and you can't come down here from Oregon and save that tuna's life. The fish is dead and there's no amount of finger pointing that can change that. I guarantee that's not the last dead YFT we see this year.

Don't get your Oprah panties in a wad at the bottom of your purse playing junior DFW thought police on the internet.

yup. It sure sounds like my Oprah panties are the ones that are all wadded up.
You newbies are so funny. :rofl:

Upvote 0

fishfish

Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
Shoot, I'm jealous....I wish that was me spearing that Son of a bitch. Good job! Lovin it!!!

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
It looks like the "Inspector Pee Pee" side is losing out to the "Who gives a shit, this is awesome!!" side. :D

Reactions: Uglybones
Upvote 0

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Anyone with knowledge of the spearfisherman's identity, send me a PM and I will get this addressed Pronto. Video has already been downloaded.

This is a prime example of how a fish in a barrel situation brings out the worst in the least of our brethren. It's why I hate fishing salmon in rivers cause people feel like anything goes.

Reactions: Mocruz1200 and wils
Upvote 0

Latest posts