gved823

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 12, 2009
Lakewood
Name
Gary
Boat
Sold
Working at Pump Station here in San Pedro. Saw a seiner, helicopter and tender working appx 2 miles off White's Point. Could see fish breaking the surface as net was wrapping up. It's already getting windy so tomorrow may have to wait. Haven't seen any PB's or sporties. Crappy phone pic included.
uploadfromtaptalk1406054448943.jpg
Good luck if you go.

Ducksgo

May 19, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Mark
Boat
Someone else's
Working at Pump Station here in San Pedro. Saw a seiner, helicopter and tender working appx 2 miles off White's Point. Could see fish breaking the surface as net was wrapping up. It's already getting windy so tomorrow may have to wait. Haven't seen any PB's or sporties. Crappy phone pic included. View attachment 529961Good luck if you go.
Would much rather have them wrap tuna here under strict regulations then the bs going down in Mexico. Atleast we know it's heavily regulated. But thanks for the 411

gved823

Sep 12, 2009
Lakewood
Name
Gary
Boat
Sold
Would much rather have them wrap tuna here under strict regulations then the bs going down in Mexico. Atleast we know it's heavily regulated. But thanks for the 411
Yeah agreed, my point was that there are tuna 2 miles off Pedro. Hopefully they'll stick around. [emoji4]

Redline

WFO
Oct 10, 2007
Whittier
Name
DK
Boat
Parker 2320
Commercials are allowed to take 500 metric tons of BFT in the Eastern Pacific, namely Calif. (There is probably none caught in Oregon or Washington) The average take for the last decade is somewhere around 100 or less. That's not much. The Mexican purse seine operation actually stopped fishing just before filling their quota.