Well-Known "Member"
Sep 11, 2009
Plymouth
www.blackrosefishing.com
Name
Rich
Boat
25, C-Hawk, Black Rose
Yeah, a good part of me wants to wrap the boat, but the other part of me says "your income comes from fishing, so get ready." That being said, the commercial season for bluefin tuna, after being closed for almost two months, opens on Friday.. I'll be out there with bells on! I hope that it is still open on Sunday! If not, we will have groundfish to target (and sharks). After they close down the tuna...I think it's a wrap until spring.

For the tuna this weekend, it won't be spinning gear like usual. It'll be Okuma Makaira 80's on both stand up and gunwhale rods. We had one day this summer when we doubled up on giant tuna...luckily one was on a stand up and the other was on the gunwhale rod.. it made it a lot easier to move around the boat!!! Landed both in 40 minutes. 320# and 250#. Not a bad bite!

See you on the water, Capt. Rich Antonino, Black Rose Fishing

Steward Daye

Oct 25, 2014
Name
Hotel California
Boat
Robalo
Yeah, a good part of me wants to wrap the boat, but the other part of me says "your income comes from fishing, so get ready." That being said, the commercial season for bluefin tuna, after being closed for almost two months, opens on Friday.. I'll be out there with bells on! I hope that it is still open on Sunday! If not, we will have groundfish to target (and sharks). After they close down the tuna...I think it's a wrap until spring.

For the tuna this weekend, it won't be spinning gear like usual. It'll be Okuma Makaira 80's on both stand up and gunwhale rods. We had one day this summer when we doubled up on giant tuna...luckily one was on a stand up and the other was on the gunwhale rod.. it made it a lot easier to move around the boat!!! Landed both in 40 minutes. 320# and 250#. Not a bad bite!

See you on the water, Capt. Rich Antonino, Black Rose Fishing

Wow East coast fishing would Love to do that at sometime.
Like your report nice fish!
Here on the West Coast catching this nice Bluefin out here.
Tight Lines Brother
Steward