Tuna hook recommendations

Pjstevko

Nov 12, 2015
Three Rivers California
Name
PJ Stevko
Boat
N/A
I currently use Gamakatsu ringed live bait hooks sized #4 - 4/0 which I fished liked circle hooks......

I'm thinking of trying the ringed Charlie Brown circle hooks but they are kinda expensive.....

What size is the most commonly used?

Upvote 0

2Rotten

Live in Oregon/Love to Fish San Diego!
Jan 10, 2010
Junction City OR
Name
Rod Lathrop
Boat
24' North River Seahawk Hardtop "Sun Dog"
Absolutely love the Charlie Brown ringed circle hooks. Stealthier than the Mutu or Super Mutu. Hand forged very strong. No off-set almost always hooks in the corner of the jaw. I carry size 2 through 4/0 but... All I ever seem to use is 2/0!

Upvote 0

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
Jul 3, 2004
BD Outdoors
Name
John
Boat
None
1/0-2/0 is all you would need for our sardines ... I’d use a larger hook if flylining a mackerel

Upvote 0

Pjstevko

Nov 12, 2015
Three Rivers California
Name
PJ Stevko
Boat
N/A
My Charlie Brown hook order came the other day while I was at Yosemite on a fire assignment so I was excited to get home and check them out....

Here's what a $150 worth of Charlie Brown made in Japan tuna hooks looks like...

They're bigger than I thought they'd be and are bigger than the Gamakatsu ringed live bait hooks I like to use

20210704_130558.jpg

Upvote 0

Pjstevko

Nov 12, 2015
Three Rivers California
Name
PJ Stevko
Boat
N/A
My Charlie Brown hook order came the other day while I was at Yosemite on a fire assignment so I was excited to get home and check them out....

Here's what a $150 worth of Charlie Brown made in Japan tuna hooks looks like...

They're bigger than I thought they'd be and are bigger than the Gamakatsu ringed live bait hooks I like to use

View attachment 1295984
Quickrig.com

Reactions: Gouryella
Upvote 0

wtrbrdm

1143 Miles From The Landing
Apr 5, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Name
Ben
Boat
Excel
You can order the CBs from John as well.....tunafishtackle.....help support his long range addiction.

I sold all of my other circle hooks last year and run these only....great hooks....

Reactions: Gouryella
Upvote 0