fishing fanatic

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
Why am I the only one looking at the sst and thinking that running out of neah is a good option for tuna?

Genie Aye

FISH BOSS
Sep 25, 2008
Renton/ Westport
Name
Cap't Paul
Boat
V-20 Wellcraft w/200HO E-TEC
Why am I the only one looking at the sst and thinking that running out of neah is a good option for tuna?
Because the SST and Chloro shots aren't working to find the tuna the last month...don't know what your seeing, i see the line out past the 126 line, further out than la push or westport.

fishing fanatic

May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
I was seeing the run being about the same and then the halibut ( if needed) would be better. And yes I agree that the sst isn’t working to find the fish

Reactions: Genie Aye

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
I was just out to 125.5 today. It wasn't good... Bad even. Like no tuna bad. 65.5 clean blue water and no fish.
We where out in the same area last week up near the 47. Same temp, same clean water. We didnt think it held fish until we hooked up early afternoon. They where being super boat shy. We sent our troll spread back twice the normal distance and it started getting hit, and we had to chum heavy to keep a couple fish around. Seemed like the first few chovies to hit the water got taken and then the fish would dive again. Best bait stop was 4 fish.

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
The sst I’m seeing says the warm water is way out of neah. Although doesn’t appear very close anywhere.

fishing fanatic

May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
I guess I was looking at it in relative terms as the warm water seems to be 70 plus everywhere

TooManyHobbies

The guy that makes the glass stuff
May 10, 2010
White trashville
Name
Garrett
Boat
21' SeaRay Laguna CC "Sea 'Scape"
Add another 50 miles; you're running out of Sekiu. That, and that blob of warm water off cape flattery is likely in Canadian waters.

fishing fanatic

May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
So I’ll add another question as a tuna dumb ass... will there be tuna around through October?

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
They’re around in November. The question is, can you get out to fish?

Uncle Binky

Proficient at swapping lower units
Oct 17, 2010
Monroe WA USA
Name
Mark
Boat
Herring Voices - Grady White 265 Express
I've caught them up to Halloween. The later, the bigger, it seems.

fishing fanatic

May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
@jasper hickman i would be doing the same but will be in Montana flicking flies around out of my raft for the week. Good luck and let me know if and where you find them.

Reactions: FishPimpII