The American Tackle Company

blurryfish

Dec 6, 2010
TUSTIN/CA/USA
Name
EKO
Boat
I wish................
Currently in the process of building a deckhand rod and I want to lay some tuna cord down for the grip with a turks head to finish it off.
Question: Do you put any adhesive, thread lock or clear coat on top of the tuna cord?

Thanks in advance!

Bfish

Upvote 0

Orca

シャチ, 鯱
Aug 16, 2003
Mira Mesa Ca
Name
Don
Boat
2359 Trophy, Irene Sea
Currently in the process of building a deckhand rod and I want to lay some tuna cord down for the grip with a turks head to finish it off.
Question: Do you put any adhesive, thread lock or clear coat on top of the tuna cord?

Thanks in advance!

Bfish
Verathane, Spar Urethane Outdoor UV resistant

Upvote 0

fishcrazy

Apr 25, 2004
meridian,id
Name
ed
Boat
none
Verathane, Spar Urethane Outdoor UV resistant
A question for you,are you going to use the Tarred Seine twine or something from someplace like Atwood rope? The reason I ask is this, if you use a cord from Atwood or something similar then you might want to use a coat of finish, if you use the Tarred Seine twine then there is no need for it as it is dipped in a tar solution of some kind & the finish on it will last for years, the finish will not rub off on your hands or anything like that. When you go to wrap you handle put down 1 layer of friction tape, it helps to reduce slippage when you wrap the handle.

Reactions: Cubeye
Upvote 0

capntim

Jan 18, 2012
Laguna Hills, CA
Name
Tim
Boat
Hobie 1
Contact cement or spray adhesive on the blank will help when wrapping cord and as Don said one saturating coat of urethane will do the trick.

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
Tarred seine: Really don't need it.
Atwood: Urethane or finish.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk