Hooops

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"
My boy had off school on Tuesday for Veterans Day - we loaded up and made our way down from HB to SD to fish the Tribute (a first for both of us). 1.5 Day would put us back at the dock Wednesday at 6am and school in HB started at 8:15am. We hammered them in grease flat calm weather.

We sailed with a full boat - I believe 32 - great group of great anglers - captain and crew were top notch - look forward to heading out again.

I told him to remember this catch of fish on November 11th in US waters - he can likely tell stories about this trip for a lifetime.

Limits of YFT, 3 BFT and 3 YT

photo.JPG

photo3.JPG

IMG_1744.jpeg

photo2.JPG

Upvote 0

clintonstick

Mar 18, 2014
Name
mike
Boat
g3
Sweet maybe you created a monster,that kid looks pretty pumped in those pics. What pound line was working.thanks

Upvote 0

Hooops

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"
Hello,

Thanks for the fillets! Looks like you guys did great! Great boat and Captain. My wife is your son's teacher!!! Way to go Tyler!!!!

DJ

Ha - love it - hope you enjoyed the fish. Any teacher that puts up with Ty deserves some tuna filets! We raced home from San Diego and got him to school just in time on Wednesday - was even able to wipe off the blood and scales to make him look somewhat presentable.

Upvote 0

HTA

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 18, 2005
Anaheim
Name
Dan
Boat
N/A
Right now you are every ones number one dad! Thank you for sharing as it brings back many good memories. Best wishes to you and your family.

Reactions: milligan
Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
That's whats life all about!!!

Upvote 0

ltzgolf

Mar 27, 2013
Anaheim
Name
Scott
Boat
dingy
I was on that trip and I had a blast, Tyler out fished most of the grown men on the boat. I would fish with him and his dad again anytime. I cant wait to get my sons out there and get them hooked on it.

Reactions: OTHGV
Upvote 0

lamnidae

Aug 25, 2008
Escondido
Name
Chris
Boat
anything I can fish from
That's awesome! When I was in school, I had to sell my soul to let my parents fish during a school week holiday.
Great experience for both of you.

Upvote 0

OTHGV

Jun 7, 2011
Fresyes, ca
Name
Bill
Boat
Whale Watcher boat ho!
Watched him set the hook a few times! Awesome trip! Can't wait to get my boys out there. Even watched him work fish while you were hooked up! Crew was sooooooo good! Food unbelievable! Heard you say, more than once "hang on! I have to reel up and I will be right back!".

Reactions: peez3006 and Hooops
Upvote 0