tunakillerjoe1

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    Took off 7 AM from Pt. Loma with a nice scoop on flat seas, no wind, no fog, no swell. Trying to get 2 newbies pulling on something! Blasted north at 25+ towards the 312/209 area. Found 1 patty on the way, loaded with bait, fished it for nothing. A few porps around. Found the fleet, metered around the outside looking for the meat, did not see much showing. Decided to troll the outside for a bit, see if anything showed up. Did find 1 A-hole in a small cat T-top who tried to cut our trollers off with his props. He even went in reverse, but I went to neutral and let the jigs sink out, so he failed. (probably not unusual for him!) What a loser! Why be such a dick on the water? Marked a few fish east, not anything too thick. Trolled south all the way to Pt. Loma, did not find any other patties! Flat and calm all day, saw 73.2 water temp tops, cooler by the point. Kind of a weird day, expected to see foamers at least! No birds, or any signs of life! No boats we saw were bent, looking thru the gyros. Weird..but good conditions. Next time.

tunakillerjoe1

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    Unsure where I would suggest to try. I think we were west of the bulk of the fish. I would try west of the masses, maybe the 312 again? It seemed very slow, nothing even metered.

Reactions: jeffkaiser
    Upvote 0

jeffkaiser

Almost A Member
  • Oct 14, 2005
    escondido, ca
    Name
    Drew Ann
    Boat
    Grady White Adventure 208
    Same for me. Unbelievably lifeless. 70 miles rt from MB NW to West of the fleet with one small dry patty, 2 Molas, and 1 small pod of dolphins. That was it! No birds either!
    Great conditions but somebody musta hit the pause button!

Upvote 0

TunaChaser20

Captain
  • Jan 13, 2013
    Santee ca
    Name
    Albert P
    Boat
    La Guera
    Good report. Any suggestions on where to try I’m going Thursday
    I’m heading out tomorrow too, but I’m heading out of Oceanside… I ran about 10 miles last week and found lots of tuna in the area. 209/312/277 was the area last week. My fish dope subscription expired on Monday, so can’t give you any numbers

Upvote 0

Ryan js

May 24, 2020
    LA
    Name
    Ryan Sallinger
    Boat
    17 foot whaler
    I’m heading out tomorrow too, but I’m heading out of Oceanside… I ran about 10 miles last week and found lots of tuna in the area. 209/312/277 was the area last week. My fish dope subscription expired on Monday, so can’t give you any numbers
    Ya we fished that last week tons of fish one day than 2 days later dead.

Upvote 0