Bert Vega

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 24, 2015
Murrieta, CA
Name
Bert Vega
Boat
Out from under Coppers Revenge
Had the day off of work. Me and a buddy decided to try our luck. The Fishdope report we read that morning was dismal to say the least. So we decided to bring some frozen squid. Plan was to give it a solid try to about 2pm. If we didn't see anything head back to some of our favorite rock piles for some taco meat. Get to Mission and grab a scoop of dines and off we go at 6:15am. Headed Northwest towards 181 area. Get about 7 miles East of the ridge right in the middle of the 182 and 181. No birds no dolphin no signs of life anywhere. Then we spot our first school of puddling fish. Position ourselves in front of them, throw out a few dines. Boils start popping up all around boat. That school stayed with for hours. We pulled 10 fish out of the group between the two of us. Clean up a bit and started motoring around again. About a hour later we spot our second school of fish puddling in the distance. Again no birds no boils just a small ripple in the water. We grab 4 more fish out of the school and headed for the barn. I ended up with 8 beautiful fish for the day. Conditions were near perfect. Had the fish to ourselves, not another boat in sight. It was a amazing day on the water.
photo 3.JPG
photo 11 (1).JPG
photo 11 (2).JPG
photoyf.JPG

photo 2.JPG

Last edited:

Bert Vega

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 24, 2015
Murrieta, CA
Name
Bert Vega
Boat
My bad it was this past Tuesday 10/18.

alex morataya

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 14, 2007
Burbank
Name
Alex
Boat
none
dude, you killed it!
Congratulations on finding your own fish and landing quality fish!
looks like you guys will be eating well in the next few days!!
diggin the bloody deck shot.

thanks for sharing!
Alex.

Reactions: Bert Vega
P

Paddyman1

This big lady is not starting to gargle just yet! :appl:

What pound test were you using? Those are the perfect grade IMO.

Bert Vega

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 24, 2015
Murrieta, CA
Name
Bert Vega
Boat
This big lady is not starting to gargle just yet! :appl:

What pound test were you using? Those are the perfect grade IMO.
The first school bit anything. My first 4 fish were caught on 20#, 25#, 40# even got bit on 60# mono. I fished 25# after that for the rest of the day.

Reactions: Paddyman1

spongehead

"ONE FISH AT A TIME"
Sep 12, 2010
garden grove, ca
Name
David
Boat
Maria
U selling tuna on the streets? Or is that where u fillet them so the blood drains back into the ocean... Great Pic id be an envious neighbor

Black Cat

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 19, 2016
Temecula
Name
Chris
Boat
Bertram Bahia Mar
What a season you are having..........!!!!
That boat sure is fishy.......lol.......but I'm sure the owner might state otherwise.

Bert Vega

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 24, 2015
Murrieta, CA
Name
Bert Vega
Boat
What a season you are having..........!!!!
That boat sure is fishy.......lol.......but I'm sure the owner might state otherwise.
I think it been a great season for me as well as others. Seems like a bunch of fish were caught last week and over weekend. I do feel bad for my buddy. He has not gotten his own deck bloody yet.