Trolling motors for parker 2320 SC

2thdocangler

Apr 7, 2021
los angeles
Name
Mike
Boat
Parker
Hi all, I recently brought a 2015 parker 2320 SC and am looking to get a trolling motor. I did some reseach and can't decided btw the minnkota vs rhodan. Can anyone who has installed either one of these she some lights on pro vs cons? I contacted west coast marine here in coast mesa (southern california) but they don't install trolling motors. Are there any socal boaters here who can recommend a boat shop for installation or know someone who is seasoned with the installation? Looking to get this installed asap.

Reactions: Shewillbemine

pldouglas

Mar 29, 2012
Santa Barbara/CA/USA
Name
Jibs
Boat
none
I have a motor guide Xi5 on my 17' Greenough. It's a 36V 105 lb (I think) thrust with the longest shaft they make, I can't remember the exact length, but for your rig your definitely going to need the longestbshaftband heaviest thrust you can get. My MG really handles my boat well, whether running around the boilers at the islands or holding steady in wind and current fishing reds out in 150' or whatever. You gotta get the mount setup right that's for sure, so that it's straight down and your props deep as can be in the water. My bow is pretty high off the water too, if you've ever seen a Greenough you'll know what I'm talking about. My boat was built and TM was mounted by Anderson Boats out in Goleta. Came out great. I wouldn't be in a hurry doing that with your boat, it'll take someone with skill, especially on a Parker. I don't think I've ever seen a TM on a 23' Parker. I hope it works out, it's a great addition - just go for the absolute max power thrust you can find.

Pacific Jigger

You’ll never know unless you go
Sep 16, 2019
United States
Name
Bud
Boat
Formula 233
I run an 36v Ulterra 72” on a Formula 233. In my opinion, it’s a must have addition to a boat. The performance has been great, I wouldn’t want one any smaller.
Can’t help on the shop question, I’m a DIY guy.

John Stidman
John Stidman
I'm looking at the same model. What are a must have options for this unit to get. Looking to get on waiting list soon. Batteries, remote, onboard chargers. Might as well get the must haves for it.

hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
Aug 6, 2012
Valencia, CA
Name
Anthony Hicks
Boat
Good Deal
Just finished mine today. It’s a lot of work, but no one will do a better job than you.

C22A8CA3-AD99-4BD9-8437-875D23D0353D.jpeg

KID CREOLE

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 19, 2003
San Pedro, Ca.
www.yayacalls.com
Name
Stefan
Boat
Grady White 263 Chase
I have to ask, why are you guys opting for electric instead of a 9.9 with an alternator on the back of the boat?
Is there a fishery down south that demands stealth trolling?

its more about a spot lock feature instead of dropping a anchor

Reactions: John Stidman

KID CREOLE

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 19, 2003
San Pedro, Ca.
www.yayacalls.com
Name
Stefan
Boat
Grady White 263 Chase
Hi all, I recently brought a 2015 parker 2320 SC and am looking to get a trolling motor. I did some reseach and can't decided btw the minnkota vs rhodan. Can anyone who has installed either one of these she some lights on pro vs cons? I contacted west coast marine here in coast mesa (southern california) but they don't install trolling motors. Are there any socal boaters here who can recommend a boat shop for installation or know someone who is seasoned with the installation? Looking to get this installed asap.

Mike I just ordered a 36v 96" Rhodan for my Grady.

8 week wait from Rhodan

2thdocangler
Are you planning to install yourself?
KID CREOLE
KID CREOLE
Yes I am.

I installed the battery charger for it last year. I'm trying to decide what kind of batteries to get, I'm leaning at Lithium batteries to keep the weight down. Once I get the batteries installed for the troll motor I will have 7 total on the boat.

Ditch work

Almost A Member
Mar 25, 2009
West LA, CA
Name
Will Lin
Boat
I wish
I had the same choice last year. Went with rhodan. Read too many issues/failure with the auto deploy and minnkota customer service. Lots of customer service positives with Rhodan. I figure while I'm still young and can run up and deploy the tm myself, I'd go with rhodan. The auto deploy will become more reliable over time. My next tm will have that capability.

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    I have a motor guide and my dad has a minn Kota. He fished hard and got five years out of his first one fishing 3-5 times a week. They’re pretty straightforward to install and they’re both good.

John Stidman

Apr 29, 2018
    Baketsfield ca
    Name
    John Stidman
    Boat
    26ft seaswirl striper,24 ft trophy walkaround,24ft glasply flybridge.
    Ok, I'm hooked on getting one. I know it's snack order on most these so I have time. I would like the best with spot lock, auto deploy and stow, plus a battery charging system. just not sure which to buy. Few small differences but the ultetra is better for staying on spotlock longer according to the specks. The terrova has an 80in length. I'm thinking the 72 in would be enough. Which one exactly do you have hawkeye. The one you showed me in morro other day?

Screenshot_20210505-230511.png