pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    With the recent post on "Trolling", made me think of the fun catches and times trolling lures.
    I try to apply it as much as possible while I fish the LB breakwall and all other inshore harbor areas.
    I like freshwater trolling also.
    Here are some pics and please post yours.

Crappie- Piru Lake -Norman DD
    Halibut Huntington Harbor- Norman DD
    Sandbass-Platform Ester- Rapala DD
    Calico-San Pedro Harbor- Norman DD
    Trout Irvine Lake- Luhr Jensen Kokanee killer

crappie.JPG

DSCN5101.JPG

troll.jpg

DSCN1282.JPG

victoriatrout.JPG

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    Trolling the 43 way back, about 12-13 years ago, my son and i got blind strikes on the winged ones. The boat didn't have rod holders, so we would stick the rod butts in the deck drains and the engine hatch cover handle. My son didn't stick one far enough in the drain hole, and one of the rods took off flying. I can still see it flying through the air. We managed to land five Albies that day in about an hours. Fun day except for the loss of the rod and reel.

1613495414278.png

Last edited:

Shimano Penn

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Dec 3, 2014
    Chula Vista
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Fond Memory
    Local when they were here in 2015, got two that day. Would have been either a black/ orange Yo Zuri Bonita or a large chrome jet head with dark skirts like black/ red or black/ purple. Those are pretty much my go-to wahoo offerings. The jet head is usually fished off a poor mans downrigger (#5 planer on ~75' of 3-400 lb mono, rubber band "release clip" :rolleyes:
    wahoo 2025.jpg