Trip scheduled changed - what are my rights?

pele

May 20, 2009
Ventura
Name
ken
Boat
I found out the hard way about boats
I dont know if the credit card company would give you back all your money but I know they would give me back 100%.Tell the cc your contesting the charges-done.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
So, you pay an extra 3% for using a credit card over and above the cash discounted price and an extra 3.5% as well? Tough sledding right there.

Checks for me. Payments for my next to trips are scheduled through the online checking program through our bank. Done deal.

Reactions: Bill W and kevina

fishn1003

May 12, 2017
Orange
Name
Steven
Boat
n/a
They can not charge you and they dont pay 3% of your purchase price when they issue the refund. If someone buys something for 100 bucks at target and returns it the customer gets 100 bucks back and target does not pay the 3.00 fee. Same for the boat. Fees are based upon sales

A simple call to your credit card company saying they changed your trip and are now trying to change you. They can't do it

af dreamer

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
I have booked fishing trips in both SD and LA.I was given the choice to pay by cash or check.If I used a credit card there was a up charge that I chose to pay.Not sure if I would have had any recourse if I canceled or a trip on the other end had been changed.Tom

rodblder

Feb 19, 2004
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Jim
Boat
none at this time
you should probably never use your credit card again and go live in the woods brah. you know, for the principle.

its gonna be a long winter...
Are you saying it's his fault and he should eat the 3.5% Charge?????
Whatever boat is trying to pull this chickenshit crap needs to be identified.....

radman

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 10, 2006
escondido
Name
Darrin
Boat
Stringari
I have a CC machine,and when I run a refund on the same credit card,the processor refunds my percentage that they charged me for processing the card...if the 3.5 was from CC,then it should go back on the card with no 3.5 fee.

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
I started this conversation to seek the advice of fellow long rangers who might have had similar experiences as I am going through. To guide me on how to argue my case.
Suck it up, call it a day, write it off. Just figure it's a part of fishing.

StillinScrubs

Wahoo love me
Aug 30, 2005
Ft. Lauderdale/Miami
Name
Scott
Boat
Charon's skiff
I’m curious as to the boat and trip.

You have every right to be pissed off. Changing a trip length without asking the paid customers first is complete and total bs. That alone is worth a scathing post on here and every long range board just to inform other potential passengers.

pele

May 20, 2009
Ventura
Name
ken
Boat
I found out the hard way about boats
I have a CC machine,and when I run a refund on the same credit card,the processor refunds my percentage that they charged me for processing the card...if the 3.5 was from CC,then it should go back on the card with no 3.5 fee.
This has always been my experience with charges to my customers cc accounts.If the charge is reversed the cc company reversed their fee also.
It seems unlikely that any other merchants would be different.Again,I am positive a contestment with your cc co would agree with you and reverse the charge wether the boat liked it or not.
I also believe the operation that did this to you is giving you the shiv.They aren’t someone I would want to do business with on general principle-afterall-they canceled the trip!!!!
Paying by credit card offers one enormous protections-say if the operation like the Q-105 goes out of business.And this case is another example.
Go online on your acct,put an x next to the charge,click Dispute Charge.Magic things will happen for you.
Good luck!

Smitty44

Dec 30, 2017
Redding, Ca
Name
John
Boat
none
Certainly if we knew what vessel is doing this we could better examine their policies to give you a better answer.

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
For trips I always deal with personal checks. I know the credit card deal has come up before and that percent figure comes to mind with most operations charging more for a trip that was paid with credit. Possible that the operation refunded the full trip amount but did not refund the extra charge they do to process the credit card. With it not being your fault the rescheduling of a trip is out of your hands. One point brought up is to file a complaint with the CC company for services not rendered by the vendor since you consider it a principle thing.

https://excel.fishingreservations.net/sales/

Read below the schedule under terms and conditions

The Rooster states that the prices listed are at the cash discount, credit card prices are slightly higher.

http://www.redrooster3.com/trips.htm

So it could just be a fumble on the operation’s part to credit to you the proper amount. But I know a check is preferred from my standpoint since in the Roosters case my trip costs more with a credit card.

Last edited:

Mangisda

Sep 18, 2006
Toronto, Ont. Canada
Name
Johann
Boat
Hobie Outfitter tandem kayak
For trips I always deal with personal checks. I know the credit card deal has come up before and that percent figure comes to mind with most operations charging more for a trip that was paid with credit. Possible that the operation refunded the full trip amount but did not refund the extra charge they due to process the credit card. With it not being your fault the rescheduling of a trip is out of your hands. One point brought up is to file a complaint with the CC company for services not rendered by the vendor since you consider it a principle thing.

https://excel.fishingreservations.net/sales/

Read below the schedule under terms and conditions
Bill, I am in Canada. I have considered every option available and acceptable to the boat for payment, and the most cost efficient is still by CC.

reellady

I'd rather be catching TUNA
Aug 26, 2011
fresno, ca usa
Name
donna
Boat
reel lady
Demand the boat refund on your credit card for full amount. Don't settle for a check minus the fee.

reellady

I'd rather be catching TUNA
Aug 26, 2011
fresno, ca usa
Name
donna
Boat
reel lady
I was scheduled to go out on Nov 7 last year. On Oct 30 I ended up in hospital. I had paid the full amount of $4925 and forfeited every cent of it when doctors would not let me go.

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
Bill, I am in Canada. I have considered every option available and acceptable to the boat for payment, and the most cost efficient is still by CC.
You did not consider the situation you are in now, even though it was not your fault.

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
If the landing isn’t cooperating with a full refund you must call your credit card company and place a stop payment stating you did not receive the goods or services that you paid for. It will get cleared up very quickly in my experience, but I still don’t understand how or why that business is behaving this way. One peep of its name here (which honestly you have been extremely mature about and they should be greatful to you) would sour it’s name to a point that myself and others would think hard about using them. If things played out as you have presented them, they should be kissing your shoes, not trying to fleece you for vig.