Encinitas
seastheslay.com
Name
Jordan Jennings
Boat Name
Everglades 325cc
Long Runs + Epic Bites + First Fish + Nonstop Laughs

IMG_7386-1200x811.jpg

Decisions. Decisions. I don’t know about you all but I have a healthy love-hate relationship with pregame planning prior to a trip. Studying the FishDope temp charts and pinging buddies for intel. Make a long run (80+ miles) to solid volume of bigger grade fish? Or run the other direction, to much closer, of mixed-grade fish? I poised the question to the boys and the answer was easy. Make the run & shoot for the larger models.

We blew through the local hotspots and to our surprise they were shockingly dry. A few birds but no real signal of fish in the area (despite gorgeous blue 71-72 degree water). One noteworthy find was a pack of 2-3 Marlin I spotted tailing in the bynos. We rigged up and pointed their direction, but unfortunately I lost them in the process. Onward and upward.

We arrived to the zone and almost immediately...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jordan

Part-time Angler | Full-time Kook
Oct 18, 2017
Encinitas
seastheslay.com
Name
Jordan Jennings
Boat Name
Everglades 325cc
Well done! Curious, how do you drift the flyer? It made me think it was just drifted freeline.
Flyer still fished under the kite but just from stopped/drifting boat - wind was going steady 10-12 so easy to keep kite up + off the side + away from the boat while stopped. Only way (at least that I know of) to fly line drift the flyers are with the "backpack" rigs

Reactions: Tranquility
Upvote 0