Oct 18, 2017
Encinitas
seastheslay.com
Name
Jordan Jennings
Boat
Everglades 325cc
No Love from the Blue Tuna But Plenty of Yellowtail Tuna Fun

Oh, bluefin…… I don’t claim to be a bluefin tuna aficionado by any stretch but, I have at least spent enough days chasing them within our current local cycle to fully know the feeling of “bluefin being bluefin”. So before you read on, here’s your spoiler alert. This is not a tale or log of stacking the deck with tuna. Preface and borderline still slightly bitter rant over.

For a myriad of reasons (largely the wind – which I’m sure we all want to give a collective “BD Salute” to), my days on the water have been slacking severely. So with great signal of bluefin and kelp paddy yellowtail, I’ve been extremely giddy to get out there. Even more so to be able to reconnect with good fishing buddies and getting the chance to fish with those who I’ve hoped to. With good weather forecast on tap, Ali Hussainy, Dave Downing, Ben Secrest (Accurate Fishing & industry vet), and I did the morning routine and set...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    GREAT REPORT Jordan...HA we've all had our days out there too Bluefin "Watching". Nice to see Duane Diego/Client got one on his new boat. Hopefully better days ahead for all.

Reactions: Jordan
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Thanks amigo! There was a lot of fish in the zone and all good grade so when they do bite - should be insane. Plus I never measure my results against Duane's - unless I'm looking for disappointment lol
    Upvote 0

tunakillerjoe1

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    Thanks for the intel and reinforcement. Saw the same on tuesday, cool to see and be there, no love, no blood. It's going to get gooder!

Reactions: Tunahead and Jordan
    Jordan
    Jordan
    No doubt!! Stoked to see these big fish moving up in good volume. Redemption run this weekend 🤞🤞
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Find a school of hungry bluefin and it's BLOODY DECKS...LOL

BluefinBloodyDecks.jpg