Trinny 20A freespool

Discussion in 'Shimano Fishing Gear' started by Fincutter, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Fincutter

Fincutter Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    Independence
    When I picked up the T20A at Fred Hall, the freespool spin went on for a minute. I just bought one and I'm a little disappointed that mine peters out after about 20 seconds. Maybe it's just a matter of breaking in the grease? I know it's a bit obsessive, but I was so looking forward to seeing my own T20 spin like a top. Regardless, I'm sure that I'll be happy with my decision to sell a couple of classic Newells to fund this fine piece of modern machining.

2. InDeepShip

InDeepShip Ah ship

Name:
    Adam
    Boat:
    In my Dream's
    make sure you don't have the tension knob down and also it's going to spin longer if there is line on it compared to not having line on it

DODGERS27 and Fincutter like this.
  3. Fincutter

Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    Independence
    Thanks for the response. I'm sure that my new 20A will perform very well. It's just something that got stuck in my head at Fred Hall, after seeing the display version spin for an insanely long time.

4. Adrien Baker

Adrien Baker Born to get down.

Name:
    Adrien Baker
    Boat:
    Ultra
    Usually there's a lot of grease and it needs some break in time. Some people take it apart, clean the factory grease and reapply something else. I fish mine out of the box. Casting and watching a reel free spool in your kitchen are two different things.

Adrien

Fincutter likes this.
  5. Bear77

Bear77 Newbie

Name:
    Maikai Malihini
    Boat:
    Prefer to ride not buy
    I concur with Mr. Baker just use it as is out of the box the grease and lube will work it’s way.
    As you use the reel it will get smoother just as long as you do your part in keeping it maintained correctly and cleaned correctly. Remember your reel is a high end sports car and not a economy car it dose need/deserve care.

6. SouthBayKiller

SouthBayKiller I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    none
    Did the demo reel have line on it?

7. Fincutter

Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    Independence
    No. Empty demo. I was so smooth I couldn't even see if the spool was still moving. Had to touch it to know for sure.

I plan to use out of the box and expect, as some said, that it will break in. Very nice piece. That said, I also got a Tranx 500 HG and love that one even more. The pivot-away side plate is the coolest feature I've ever seen on a reel.

8. Bantam1

Bantam1 Shimano Rep Advertiser

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    N/A
    Adjust the cast control knob correctly and go fish the reel. If there is a problem after that let me know.

Fincutter likes this.