PENN

ltzgolf

Mar 27, 2013
Anaheim
Name
Scott
Boat
dingy
Went out of seaforth Tuesday night on the Tribute with 13 other anglers. I had a great time with the crew and the anglers. Learned alot from some of the other guys on the boat. John Collins is a stud. Just to stand back and watch him i was in awe.

Know to the good stuff. As usual the crew and Jake at the helm did an outstanding job getting us on the tuna that was finicky at best. We managed to get 35 of them on board. Fishing south of san clemente island. Not to many fish were lost due to the experience of the anglers.

Great trip and great guys and gal.

11390194_586155701527060_8282373677800355052_n.jpg

11406909_586155724860391_8934639494656515845_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
Good job and nice fish. Glad you learned a lot, never stop learning I say! LOL

Jake rocks. We go back to bygone days on BG90 when he was cook!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Congrats on catching "current" limit style fishing! Dang, when the limit goes to two fish, I guess a couple 50 to 80 lb fish will get'r done!

Upvote 0

deskjet1120

FISH_N_EAT
Jul 16, 2009
So Cal
Name
Kris
Boat
Eventually
Nice Report.

Looks like they are starting to bite a little more, and not be so picky like they usually are. hehe

Upvote 0

ltzgolf

Mar 27, 2013
Anaheim
Name
Scott
Boat
dingy
regarding the limits. They have not gone into effect at this time. I would trust the captain of the boat over any post anywhere.

Upvote 0

ltzgolf

Mar 27, 2013
Anaheim
Name
Scott
Boat
dingy
Traight out of DFG guides for sportfishing Ocean PG 41, so until the DFG tells me that I cant catch more the 2 I will stay with the current limit

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=93478&inline=true

28.38. TUNAS. The following daily bag limits apply: (a) Albacore: (1) South of a line running due west true from 34°27’N. lat. (at Point Conception, Santa Barbara County) – The special limit for albacore is 10, which may be taken or possessed in addition to the overall general daily bag limit of 20 finfish specified in sub-section 27.60(a). (2) North of a line running due west true from 34°27’N. lat. (at Point Conception, Santa Barbara County) – The special limit for albacore is 25, which may be taken or possessed in addition to the overall general daily bag limit of 20 finfish specified in sub-section 27.60(a). (b) Bluefin tuna – The special limit for bluefin tuna is 10, which may be taken or possessed in addition to the overall general daily bag limit of 20 finfish specified in sub-section 27.60(a). (c) There is no limit on skipjack tuna. (d) For yellowfin tuna, bigeye tuna, and other tunas not listed above, the limit is 10. Unlike albacore and bluefin tuna, fish taken under this limit shall apply toward the overall general daily bag limit of 20 finfish specified in sub-section 27.60(a).

Upvote 0

Wasitrytofish

May 1, 2012
Monrovia ca united states
Name
Glen Mitchell
Boat
Sea Fox 248 Commander
It doesn't go into effect until next posting or something like this.
Whenever dfg rolls out their updates, it's on.

I would be stoked on just 1 bluefin, not too mention how the boys would react and tell stories for a lifetime....

Upvote 0

Larmo

Strip it. Mend it. Hit it!
Jul 11, 2004
San Diego
www.lawrenceshea.com
Name
Larry
Boat
Your Cabo
It isn't in effect until it is published in the California Regulations Notice Register. That is expected this summer probably at the same time as the Federal changes go into effect. For now the old regs of 10 per are still in effect even though they have already voted to approve the new regs in CA.

However limiting take to 2 of these big ones is probably the sporting thing to do. If this isn't enough evidence of what is possible if we let off the pressure on these fish I don't know what more one needs.

Upvote 0

The Dr.

Almost A Member
May 5, 2015
Name
Kenji
Boat
Ranger 521VX
Good Stuff! These tuna reports are getting me fired up. looking into a 1.5 day for first week of July!

Upvote 0

gaff hook

jig thrower
Jan 25, 2006
San Marcos
Name
Ray
Boat
still lookin
awesome! sounds like you had a great trip. Any info on things you learned? John Collins...what was he doing that put him hot stick?
glad you had fun.

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
It isn't in effect until it is published in the California Regulations Notice Register. That is expected this summer probably at the same time as the Federal changes go into effect. For now the old regs of 10 per are still in effect even though they have already voted to approve the new regs in CA.

However limiting take to 2 of these big ones is probably the sporting thing to do. If this isn't enough evidence of what is possible if we let off the pressure on these fish I don't know what more one needs.
When somebody gets more than 2 of these brutes I will worry about it. Till then I just want 1

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
If I were 100% asian I would probably be closing the curtains and locking all the doors right now.... LOl Thank you for pics!

Upvote 0

limowreck1

A Complete Wreck
Jan 10, 2011
San Clemente, CA
Name
Scott Campbell
Boat
Grady White Bimini 306

Not sure why anyone would be worried about the "pressure" put on by rec fisherman... talk to me about commercial fisheries and their new regs then we can have a real conversation.

Upvote 0