I kill stuff
Jul 22, 2003
Lakeside
Name
Mike
Boat
Killin time, Bill Collector
Again......
Went up to take them down and one stand was missing. I had a serious lock on it too. The ladder was still there. I have the twin I took down from a different area. I'll post a pic and maybe someone will find it hanging somewhere else. Not too happy right now. This is the stand where they cut the straps on last season. This is also the second stand I've had come up missing.
The only other stand in the whole area is another one we put up. Some people just suck.

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
Jan 12, 2010
Kurt's neighborhood
Name
Tony
Boat
Tarpon 140
That's fucked up! It might not be a bad idea to hide a game camera facing your stand. Then you could see the theft in action and find out the details. Dirty bastards. :Death_To_Above::Rambo_Throwing_Kniv

Just out of curriosity, what are you doing in a tree stand this time of year?

Upvote 0

Kurt

Mistadobalina
Jul 9, 2003
Clairemont
Visit site
Name
Kurt
Boat
%%%%%
Damn Mike, that's fucked squared. I like the camera idea but it's probably a lesbo Deer humper anyway.

We could claymore those stands?

If a dirt bag hunter they would have taken the ladder too?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

okie man

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Oct 24, 2006
new palestine indiana
Name
kerry way
Boat
18' javalin
treestands and public land just don't go together! if you have to use one on public land put a note on saying half your stands are boobie trapped to fold up and cause great harm to those who fuck with them!good luck!

Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
Jun 26, 2004
With your Mom
Name
Jim Perkins
Boat
18' Center Console " D-Bar II "
Thats F'd Up Mike!!!!
I hope you find it, but doubt it was hunters so its probably gone.

Upvote 0

aeon

ugh....
Apr 11, 2006
foothill ranch
Name
Bill
Boat
/600hp ls3 powered Airboat
they are some motivated Bambi lovers to climb and cut down a stand. Sorry mike :( you are right people just suck sometimes

Upvote 0

Sluester

I kill stuff
Jul 22, 2003
Lakeside
Name
Mike
Boat
Don't know what they are trying to prove? The ladder was a lot easier to remove than the stand. No straps or lock found in the immediate area. I'm leaning towards a hugger.
No excuse for theft, period.

Been busy and haven't had time to remove them. This was actually a good stand for bobcats and yotes even though it is an archery only area. The deer have been working the area pretty hard too. I fond another area close that is off the trail a lil more.

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
Jan 12, 2010
Kurt's neighborhood
Name
Tony
Boat
Tarpon 140
Fuckin bunny huggers!!! It's wrong to hunt, but it's good policy to steal the hard earned proprety of others???
Stupid, worthless, no good , god damned , free loadin sons a bitches! Retarded , know it all , asshole jerks!
Got that last part from "The breakfast club" and it fits.

Upvote 0

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
Bastards!

To bad you couldn't rig it to a 12v. :(

Upvote 0

2nafinder

Almost A Member
Dec 6, 2006
san diego
Name
joe
Boat
kayak, float tube
That sucks! Hey my camera is sitting in the closet if you wanna use it to try to catch these bastards! It's a crappy feeling walking in at O'dark thirty not knowing if you stuff is there or if it safe to climb it. Granted it is public land but some of us have no other choice.

Upvote 0

Gener

Nov 30, 2007
Poway
Name
Bryan Gener
Boat
Small but faster then yours..
Major bummer! This confirms my worries about putting up my first tree stand next season.

Upvote 0

Sluester

I kill stuff
Jul 22, 2003
Lakeside
Name
Mike
Boat
I'm not losing sleep over it. Just a lot of assholes out there the last few years. Seems like there is a different breed of hunter out there the last 4-5 years or so. Don't know if it's the internet hunters or what. Sick of hearing and reading...it's public land...blah blah.

Upvote 0

spectr17

Boolah Boolah
Mar 15, 2006
SoCal
www.jesseshunting.com
Name
Jesse
Boat
14 john boat
I'm not losing sleep over it. Just a lot of assholes out there the last few years. Seems like there is a different breed of hunter out there the last 4-5 years or so. Don't know if it's the internet hunters or what. Sick of hearing and reading...it's public land...blah blah.

Times change, dirtbags don't, they were stealing our Baker stands back in the 70s.

Upvote 0

el Toro

Feb 19, 2003
Point Loma
Name
Nate
Boat
Artemis

I agree. Just like there seems to be a different breed of fisherman too. 'Member when there was such a thing as offshore ettiquete?

Upvote 0

el Toro

Feb 19, 2003
Point Loma
Name
Nate
Boat
Artemis
I do partially blame the internet (and GPS and home equity loans) for the fishing problem, but I don't know if I blame the internet for the hunting crowds.

Several hundred hunters hunt the hill. Maybe 2-3 dozen read this site. I'm not sure it has any impact. Sure there are a few other sites out there too, but still not many SD bowhunters read them either. I think it's just a sign of the times.

Upvote 0

mcrae

More wishing than fishing
Sep 30, 2007
Central California
Name
McRae
Boat
none
I think it takes a lot of stupidity/balls/heart to steal something from someone you know has a weapon. Especially when you don't even know what they look like.

Upvote 0

IMAKECARSFAST

provider of protien
Aug 24, 2004
ramona
Name
Brian
Boat
22foot, glacierbay center console, REEL BROKE
I think it takes a lot of stupidity/balls/heart to steal something from someone you know has a weapon. Especially when you don't even know what they look like.

thats exactly what i was thinking....:_smack_:

Upvote 0

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Sorry to hear that Mike. Was it the one I like????? ;)

I would think if it was a hunter, they'd have taken the steps too. Probably a hugger.....

Upvote 0

Sluester

I kill stuff
Jul 22, 2003
Lakeside
Name
Mike
Boat

It's the whole public land thing. Had a guy using one of my stands last season that I didn't know. One of the guys on here (Recondoc) was BSing with him and the guy had the balls to say it was HIS stand. Even brought Recon down to the stand to show him it was HIS?? He called him out on it and I guess it got a lil uncomfortable. I ended up locking that one up too. I was talking to a guy that was remote camping in an area a couple years ago and he said he was using my stand. I don't mind as long as I'm not planing to use it but this guy took the stance that it was OK because it was on public land. I asked him what he would do if he was away from his camp site and I decided to "use" his tent or sit in his truck, after all it was on public property?? He said it wasn't the same thing?? He got my point and backed off. I moved the stand that day so he couldn't fuck with it.

Sorry to hear that Mike. Was it the one I like????? ;)

I would think if it was a hunter, they'd have taken the steps too. Probably a hugger.....

Nope, it's twin. I took that one down. I may relocate it.
The more I think about it the more I'm think it was a hunter. That cable lock wasn't small and I had 3 straps on it...none were anywhere near the stand? The 3 sections of ladder were bent at the connection points. If it was a hugger and they had the tools to cut the cable why didn't they cut the ladder which had cables 1/2 the size?

If you guys find a stand that look like the one here let me know.

Upvote 0