Sushi King

SUSHI KING
May 31, 2008
novato,ca,usa
Name
Bob
Boat
18 bayrunner sushi king
I am trying to find out what is the best spool shaft pin removal press tool for TranX200 ? I have new bearings coming.

JRD

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 12, 2003
Irvine
Visit site
Name
Randy
Boat
15 ft. Bayrunner / Kayak
I am trying to find out what is the best spool shaft pin removal press tool for TranX200 ? I have new bearings coming.
I use the hedgehog remover similar to the one pictured above. https://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/2. The ebay one doesn't have a stainless insert and the threads stripped on a particularly stuck pin. For heavy jobs I use Earnies Bearing Bad remover which is the round tool in the picture

img_0134.jpg

azbaseball

Apr 2, 2007
la mesa ca
Name
mike de vito
Boat
20ft nitro
I use a set of vise grip needle nose smaller size about 4 inch it works to pull the pin you are better served pushing the pin back through the hole in the shaft

Goosed10

Jul 12, 2008
Murrieta,Ca
Name
Jeff
Boat
none
Make a puller with pliers and a dremel. Been using mine for years with no damage to spool.

BD094AF9-54C2-46BE-81EC-E49EBD51DE7C.jpeg

klong60

Shoyu Slayers
Jun 27, 2020
Palos Verdes, California
Name
Koa
Boat
PhishFat
I use the hedgehog remover similar to the one pictured above. https://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/2. The ebay one doesn't have a stainless insert and the threads stripped on a particularly stuck pin. For heavy jobs I use Earnies Bearing Bad remover which is the round tool in the picture

View attachment 1246696
i second this. Ernie is a good dude too.
Ernie has a set where you can buy all of this tools for a pretty decent rate. I highly recommend his products.

RideHPD

Enthusiastic Idiot Rookie
Aug 14, 2016
Del Mar/Marina Del Rey, CA
Name
Eric Marin
Boat
10' Model T
3rd vote for Ernie! Dude is a class act, makes great tools, and is a pleasure to talk to!