mattCraig

Almost A Member
Apr 25, 2010
Vista/ Oside
Name
Matt
Boat
none
The Tranx was made for other purposes, but happened to become more popular for our fishing here on the WC. Reels like the Trinidad and Torium have manual clutch levers to eliminate this from happening.

Since the Tranx is a giant low profile baitcast reel, it was built with the push button/handle return clutch mechanism. It is just built stronger.

Anglers have been changing their knobs which add more weight to the handle, or using different handles which are longer. This causes more issues than in the stock configuration. Casting style can also have a negative effect with the handle in the wrong spot.
Can we put the 400 knob on the 500 to lighten it up a bit?

Upvote 0

mattCraig

Almost A Member
Apr 25, 2010
Vista/ Oside
Name
Matt
Boat
none
I haven't tried to swap it. I prefer the egg shape knob for my 500 personally.
I too am a fan of the egg knob, but would be willing to switch to avoid this happening again, other than this problem the real is awesome...

I got my Tranx back from Shimano yesterday! They took care of everything free of charge including shipping!

I can't remember off the top of my head what they replaced exactly; but they gave me a brand new spool and my old one because it was damaged, the pinion was replaced and a few other things... I'll post a pic of what the Shimano Tech sent back in his report tonight.

I'm gonna take the line off the spool they gave back to me and give her a try on the Tribute overnighter this Sunday.

Upvote 0

mattCraig

Almost A Member
Apr 25, 2010
Vista/ Oside
Name
Matt
Boat
none
IMG_0812.JPG

Upvote 0

Latest posts