Tranx 300/400 concave drag washer orientation

RWP

Mar 31, 2021
VB
Name
Ryan
Boat
Kayak
Judging by the hard line drawn in the parts diagram, the concave washer (on the right) should face away from the drag stack, like such:

|[|||||(

Is this correct? I have rebuilt this reel a few times now, and it functions great this way, but the last time I did it it got me questioning if that was correct.

60a195ded5037_Screenshot2021-05-16175944.png.899daf121923a4b51f2feab88c281ec5.png

Upvote 0

RWP

Mar 31, 2021
VB
Name
Ryan
Boat
Kayak
I was finally able to get confirmation on this, it goes the opposite of how the diagram shows:

|[|||||)

Upvote 0

ssrmr2

Mar 15, 2006
OC
Name
Steve
Boat
17' montauk "Anger Management"
if you have it back wards the drag will be light! how do I know..... took me a while to understand they the top washer is cupped

Upvote 0

RWP

Mar 31, 2021
VB
Name
Ryan
Boat
Kayak
if you have it back wards the drag will be light! how do I know..... took me a while to understand they the top washer is cupped
I probably never noticed, I only run about 8lbs with this reel.

Upvote 0

jowo

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 9, 2004
    Woodland Hills
    Name
    Johnny
    Boat
    Sold
    I've had issues with the drag loosening on it's own. Could this be the reason why? I set it where I want it, but a few minutes of winding later, it has loosened considerably. Made me lose a couple bites on the slow pitch because the drag became too loose and slipped instead of driving the hook in.

Upvote 0

RWP

Mar 31, 2021
    VB
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Kayak
    I've had issues with the drag loosening on it's own. Could this be the reason why? I set it where I want it, but a few minutes of winding later, it has loosened considerably. Made me lose a couple bites on the slow pitch because the drag became too loose and slipped instead of driving the hook in.
    Is it a lefty? I've heard this a lot, never an issue with any of my rh reels.

Upvote 0

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 9, 2016
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    sunk it
    Is the drag star itself backing off? If so there should be a spring washer between the star and handle, it might have flatened out or could be missing, I'd check that first.

Upvote 0

RWP

Mar 31, 2021
    VB
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Kayak
    Is the drag star itself backing off? If so there should be a spring washer between the star and handle, it might have flatened out or could be missing, I'd check that first.
    Should be a coil spring on the tranx.

Upvote 0