Tranx 200 - quick feedback and some photos

Discussion in 'Shimano Fishing Gear' started by drewski444, Jan 30, 2019.

1. drewski444

drewski444 Newbie

Name:
    Drew Ski
    Boat:
    Hobie Revolution 13 Mirage Drive
    Picked up a standard gear ratio (6.2:1) Tranx 200 paired with a Phenix feather MH and took it out to spool and test today. 30 lb spectra with enough mono topshot to cover farthest casting distance.

I threw it side by side with a spinning setup and the distance between the two was on par throwing a 5/8th Oz rattle trap. The reel is just as solid as my Tranx 400 and has the same “feel”, just a baby version.

Setting the reel up was a breeze and the cast control was just as effective as the 400, which says a lot. Coming off of a Curado DC, this thing was just as easy to cast and control.

Can’t think of a better setup for bay or 1/2 day charter trips pulling in typical calicos via live bait or throwing swim baits up to 3/4 Oz.

I dig this setup. Below are a few photos to share. Hope this was helpful, as I don’t see a ton of posts yet about the Tranx 200 yet. My only question is.. should my next reel be the Tranx 300 or 500? Just a matter of time before I want to collect em all...

Alex400, fishin_kid, Threadbo and 3 others like this.
  2. D.Day

D.Day Newbie

Name:
    David Day
    Boat:
    SeaSport 150
    Nice write up. I went from a Citca 200G to this in the 7.2:1. After getting use to casting 15 yards farther, it was awesome. I really dig the fact that it is saltwater rated and should last out there a bit longer. I also have the 300ahg and it is sweet too.

3. InDeepShip

InDeepShip Ah ship

Name:
    Adam
    Boat:
    In my Dream's
    How much 30lb did you get on it

4. D.Day

D.Day Newbie

Name:
    David Day
    Boat:
    SeaSport 150
    Forgot to mention, I got 145 yards of Super Slick V2 in 40# just short of the brim.

InDeepShip likes this.
  5. RideHPD

RideHPD Enthusiastic Idiot Rookie

Name:
    Eric Marin
    Boat:
    10' Model T
    Spools identical to the Curado 200s, visually the same, used my old one as a donor reel, no difference.

6. drewski444

drewski444 Newbie

Name:
    Drew Ski
    Boat:
    Hobie Revolution 13 Mirage Drive
    i can't say for certain if it matched the spec (190 yards of powerpro as rated), but it definitely held more than enough as I have a topshot of 12 pound mono and that covers more than i can cast.