Transducer help.

daer1303

Feb 23, 2009
hacienda heights ca
Name
tim
Boat
24' skippy flybridge "Two Shaè"
I currently have a thruhull running an older 600l unit. However I now have a an elite 7 unit installed that came with the transom mount transducer. But do to the out drive and trim tabs I am not sure if I have room for it to be mounted properly or without interference from either. I have attached a few photos of the transom and any info would be much appreciated. Also if I have to run a thruhull well that interfere with the current one if i have two running? Thanks
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 0

tuner

pysgotwyr
  • May 24, 2006
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    260 Mackinaw
    I would replace the thruhull with a new transducer that matches the elite 7. Transom mount transducers need to be in clean water to work properly.

I'm not sure about the down scan imaging but a 50/200hz B164 could be an option.

Upvote 0

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
    Sep 9, 2010
    SouthBay SF
    Name
    The Kid
    Boat
    Aquasport 222 FFV
    What are the two transducers you have?

How do you plan on using them?

It's possible the one already installed is better.

Upvote 0

daer1303

Feb 23, 2009
    hacienda heights ca
    Name
    tim
    Boat
    24' skippy flybridge "Two Shaè"
    What are the two transducers you have?

How do you plan on using them?

It's possible the one already installed is better.
    Current one is the furuno 600l units transducer I know have the lowrance hdi7 I know the current transducer will not run the new lowrance unit. So my question is do I have enough room to mount the transom mount transducer or run another thru hull so have two running at all times almost as a back system in case 1 went down for some reason.

Upvote 0

Randy V

Slamma Jamma
    Mar 19, 2008
    Insane Diego, CA
    Name
    Randy
    Boat
    30' Kona Star
    Based on that pic there is now way you can get a good transom mount.

Install a new thruhull with highspeed fairing block on the opposite side from the existing one, as close to center and as far back as possible to avoid lifting the ducer out of the water when running bow high.

There should be nothing protruding from the hull forward of the transducer, such as a bait tank intake.

If you have no other choice than a transom mount you could go with smaller trim tabs. You appear to be way overtabbed for the size of your boat.

Upvote 0

Randy V

Slamma Jamma
    Mar 19, 2008
    Insane Diego, CA
    Name
    Randy
    Boat
    30' Kona Star
    So what did you decide to do?

Current one is the furuno 600l units transducer I know have the lowrance hdi7 I know the current transducer will not run the new lowrance unit. So my question is do I have enough room to mount the transom mount transducer or run another thru hull so have two running at all times almost as a back system in case 1 went down for some reason.

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
    Oct 18, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    Tanner
    Boat
    1997 Proline 23 W/A
    Why not use the existing thru hull and replace the ducer? Same hole, new ducer with a high speed fairing block. No reason to run two, really. As mentioned above, nothing in front of it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Papa "J"

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • May 8, 2003
    OffShore
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    I have a b164 with 20 degree tilt with lowrance connector I am thinking of selling . New in box. send a pm if you interested.

Also not sure about some of your questions but you can not run 2 different transducers at the same time on the same head unit unless you use a bsm3 module.

Also the downscan is a different transducer to a different port to the back of the head unit. You can run downview and your regular transducer at the same time.

Now saying this it also depends on your head unit. I am only familiar with what I have HDS 9 gen 2 touch. The elite may be slightly different.

If you want downview looks like you will need to go thru hull as well. or you can take the transom ducer run the wire down the transom and screw it to the bottom of your hull in a flat spot if you have one and in the set up you can actually switch the direction the transducer is beaming.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0