AllzGood

Baja Bound
Jul 1, 2020
Ventura
Name
Dustin
Boat
Parker 2320 Extended Cabin
cool, seems like a bunch of easy fixes! I'll give some feedback since I just bought a parker last year and had to go through a lot of what you are dealing with.

leaky roof, let's hope the core is not compromised. But either way probably not a big idea.

Batteries. My PO also did that to me.... crappy costco batteries, but brand new. For house battery they are awful. I bought a new trojan battery for my house battery. Thankfully YOU have plenty of room for new batteries since you have pilothouse. I recommend 2 6V batteries for house for your use.

trim tabs, I'm guessing you will end up replacing the trim tabs with a bigger size for better ride in our chop and then when you do you'll most likely replace with lenco actuators. Easy to do and not terribly expensive. Mine had just been replaced....

New windlass, easy to do, my PO had just replaced it so I got a new one! Couple hundred bucks. And add some chain lol

at some point you'll want to consider adding a bench up top
Wise words, thank you!

Upvote 0

AllzGood

Baja Bound
Jul 1, 2020
Ventura
Name
Dustin
Boat
Now for the UGLY:

Fortunately this boat as been well taken care of from what I can tell, but it’s still 28 years old! So inevitably I’ve compiled a list of things that need to be cleaned up to get it back to its true beauty.

1. Messy electrical and plumbing: I’m not sure if the bulk of the wiring is original but it looks somewhat pro with proper labeling. Unfortunately after 28 years of added/removed accessories, a repower, and partial electrical upgrades the boat has been left with a sloppy system that’s disorienting at best. Not to mention I’m still having electrical issues with my wipers and trim tabs. I’m hoping as I clean everything up I’ll find the hidden problems. Same thing applies to the plumbing, it’s been maintained but sloppy sloppy sloppy: ie disorganized and confusing pump locations, crazy long plumbing. Here’s a snapshot of what I’m working with.

47CFC8B3-C3E5-4D1E-B567-736896A31D98.jpeg

DFBE0B8E-E25A-4587-9DAC-1CCA095383A2.jpeg

C8E6F298-3AF0-44F9-917C-A6BE2E46F56D.jpeg

FF50C9D4-EA40-4B4C-A717-4E76B8A7B977.jpeg
13C43257-B51D-494E-8FD2-EA7CAE1613FF.jpeg

2. MOLD MOLD MOLD:
There is mold hidden all over the place, possibly even in the carpeting. The plumbing/electrical compartment is full of it, clearly visible in the previous photos. I plan on starting with a deep clean of all the mold first and foremost. Then I’ll address the other issues.

3. Faded teak door and trim
1EE7200A-17A8-48B8-B266-D57F091163B9.jpeg
440349B9-3660-47B5-A2DA-82A7B5A7B5B7.jpeg

4. Cracked gel coat: It all looks cosmetic but still ugly. A few of the spots I’m going to have looked at to make sure they don’t get worse due to foot traffic

ABE6EB6B-DC6F-4BC2-B876-B78A0FC45593.jpeg

5. Missing Parker decals and faded gel coat: new decals have been ordered and I’m looking for a good kit to buff/polish the gel coat. Recommendations?

6. Damaged cushions: the vinyl is in great shape but one has a hole, others have flat foam, others are missing the zippers. I’ve contacted a local Upolstry shop and have an apt to have them repaired next week
0159BC60-652C-410A-BD9F-9B935B5B3DCF.jpeg
C72BB01F-BDCB-4178-9DD7-2931627DE5D8.jpeg

Nothing major, but it all will get resolved soon

NEXT UP, how I’m fixing everything and my progress so far!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AllzGood

Baja Bound
Jul 1, 2020
Ventura
Name
Dustin
Boat
Here’s my arsenal of cleaning supplies minus a good buff/polish kit for the gel coat

D862760A-31C0-49F2-9E73-EC973CF43767.jpeg

Just a few of the upgrades waiting for instal: audio system, plumping, electrical, lighting, additional Garmin sonar/nav unit, some cosmetic stuff. 48 gal blue water bait tank will be installed next week
5E16003A-1EB2-47A3-8D87-4B7E7A047A6C.jpeg

Upvote 0

Big_Tuna_

Aug 3, 2017
San Diego
Name
Bigtuna
Boat
Parker 2310
wow, nice job on the teak.

I don't think your electrical is that bad. Maybe just some add some organization. That will come when you install your audio. Also, adding all that audio will just make that hairball even larger. ;-)

Mine is 2005 and it's a bit messy, but a little organization goes a long way and makes it look neat. Even if you can't explain where every wire is going to/from.

Mold....every boat that is slipped will have mold in the bilge areas. I noticed this when I was boat shopping...You trailer guys have it nice, yeah if I were you and was going to trailer it I would clean the bilges up to make them look nice. I slip my boat and so I admit, there is a level of "cleanliness" that I do not keep up because it would be futile.

Reactions: AllzGood
Upvote 0

vipertom1970

Tuna Sniper
Oct 26, 2015
Inland Empire
Name
tom
Boat
2018 Parker 2320 SL
change out the Batteries to AGM if it's inside the cabin and use a My Wedge or Yamaha Wedge to support the engine and as a shock during trailering.

Last edited:
Reactions: AllzGood
Upvote 0

AllzGood

Baja Bound
Jul 1, 2020
Ventura
Name
Dustin
Boat
change out the Batteries to AGM if it's inside the cabin and use a My Wedge or Yamaha Wedge for the engine during trailering.
I was wondering about that, after asking around it seemed the additional support wasn’t needed for the outboard bracket. Is the My wedge just to make sure it doesn’t go back into the vertical position then?

Upvote 0

AllzGood

Baja Bound
Jul 1, 2020
Ventura
Name
Dustin
Boat
Also a good call with the AGM, we talked about it earlier but I’m going to change the entire battery bank setup to accommodate the larger draw of the upcoming additions like the bait tank and sound system. Not quite sure what I should do though

Upvote 0
May 13, 2004
Long Beach and points due west
Name
Bob Ballew
Boat
2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
Chain is a priority and perhaps, an upgrade to a claw anchor for the offshore islands..The anchor looks pretty light for those nights on anchor when the wind and swell comes up at 3 am....Suggest taking apart the anchor winch covers, door lock and window latches where threaded parts exist...clean and grease to prevent future corrosion issues...and, of course, more rod holders...:)

Upvote 0

EZ Anchor Puller

Helping Heros, Patriots and Rebels Anchor E-Zer
Jan 22, 2021
Parrish, FL
www.ezanchorpuller.com
Name
E-Z Anchor Puller Mfg. Co.
Boat
18' - 55'
If you're in the market to upgrade the anchoring system, a drum anchor winch would be the way to go! You can explore a complete anchor, rope and chain configuration on our website and talk to a live rep until 7 pm EST for consultations:

Pm with any questions or check out our profile for some back story. Best of luck on this project - it will be worth it!

Upvote 0

AllzGood

Baja Bound
Jul 1, 2020
Ventura
Name
Dustin
Boat
Alright so it’s been a bit since my last post. I’ve put a lot of work in so, here are the updates on some of the previously addressed issues:

The BAD:

1. Dead wiper motors: I traced and tested all wiring for the motors, no way of getting around it, both motors are toast. I’ll be using rain x for a while lol

2. Dead windlass motor with no chain and Inappropriate anchor: The motor on my windlass is on its way out. 200 dollars and I’m back on track with an awesome windlass right? Wrong! Well kind of, I serviced the windlass, swapped the motor out and tested it. Nice and strong. Bought 100’ of chain and a new 22lb lewmar plow anchor. Only to I discover my windlass doesn’t accept chain, WTF!? Apparently that’s a thing. So now I have a newly serviced windlass that needs to be upgraded lol. I think I might bight the bullet and buy a lone star drum winch, ughh. Someone out there might want a chainless windlass lol

3. I removed old electronics and filled in/ glassed over all old holes in roof, made sure everything was nice and dry before.

4. Electronics: I upgraded many electronics including my fuse panel/bus bars, toggle switches, batteries, battery isolator, re routed and removed about 20 lbs worth of old wiring. Also removed rewired and replaced all fuses on the switch paneI. New galaxy 8’ antennae. Installed new 8 speaker 1000w sound system, it’s sounds amazing!

5. Custom transom bait tank: I abandoned the idea of a custom glassed bait tank in the transom for several reasons: too much weight in the back, too expensive 5/6K, and the possibility of having to replace the original fuel tank would required additional removal/modification of the custom tank. Instead I opted for a 48 gallon blue water bait tank. I’ve been waiting for 2 months now for channel coast to receive my bait tank, it’s driving me crazy. While waiting I did all the wiring and plumbing with new Jabsco cyclone pump and appropriate brass. The tank will be installed as far forward in the cockpit as possible. It don’t have much room to spare but it’s better than the alternative.

The ugly

1. I removed and patched up all the old wiring hanging through the roof. Made custom starboard panels and added matching carpet.

2. Swapped old steering wheel

3. Cleaned up all plumbing and electrical. All new hose, lots of new ancor wire and waterproof connections.

I have a lot more stuff ahead of me, but that’s the update for now!! Thanks everybody for your help and wisdom along the way. Here are some photos!

35B5C6E5-AD89-45B4-88C5-0D8D056B50B1.jpeg

OLD
5455B161-9ABA-41B7-829D-ADDB07FF6E6A.jpeg

NEW
372F6FD2-7833-4D3E-8992-784A34B491A7.jpeg

OLD
6D739134-E1DE-4E18-AFDA-3CB1819BDA47.jpeg

NEW
9A7D97C0-4A26-491F-941E-945EDC84F04A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: atcbill
Upvote 0

AllzGood

Baja Bound
Jul 1, 2020
Ventura
Name
Dustin
Boat
So I’m in the middle of cleaning out my fuel tank and have a few questions.

1. Does anyone out there know if the older 148 gallon fuel tank is in a sealed compartment aka no drainage? I want to power wash all the crud that’s on top of the tank but I don’t want the water to collect and sit around the tank if there isn’t any drainage.

2. I have completely drained the tank after using a commercial fuel tank cleaner only to discover what seems like fine sand particles on the bottom of the tank. My plan is to hose everything into a corner of the tank and shop vac it out. Any other suggestions or similar experiences? Thanks

Upvote 0

tunacraze

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 27, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    Steve Brunton
    Boat
    The Big Ones
    If you went that far, just get a new tank. American Tanks down here, but I don't know about up there.

Upvote 0

AllzGood

Baja Bound
    Jul 1, 2020
    Ventura
    Name
    Dustin
    Boat
    If you went that far, just get a new tank. American Tanks down here, but I don't know about up there.
    Thanks for the recommendation tunacraze. Unfortunately the tanks on these Parkers are glassed in, aka 5-6k job. Hence servicing what I have for now

Upvote 0

AllzGood

Baja Bound
    Jul 1, 2020
    Ventura
    Name
    Dustin
    Boat
    For anyone interested flushing out my tank with the water/shop vac combo worked great. No salt deposits and the tank looks like new…..on the inside lol. Im still curious if there is any kind of drainage for the fuel tank compartment.

Upvote 0