Trailer group buy delivered to Northern California

Apr 12, 2019
Livermore
Name
Joaquin
Boat
1994 Klamath 16’ Center Console
What's going on Bloodydecks,

I've found a few threads of guys doing group buys but delivering to SoCal and I dont want the added cost to drive down and back up. So I figure I'd post a thread to see if another one wants to place on order with me for a trailer from RealXtrailers in Florida and take delivery in the Bay Area. My plan is to find 2-3 people and each of us to order direct from RealXtrailers. Then hire a transport company with a flat bed trailer and meet them at a boat yard locally to safely unstack the trailers so we can all hook up and drive off. Please DM for more information as I'm trying to see if we can make this happen.

Here's the link to the trailer company I'd like to order from.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Kwohlers8

Anchor Point
Dec 1, 2012
Fortuna CA
Name
Kris
Boat
25' Skipjack Fisherman "Anchor Point"
Are trailers from Florida that much cheaper? I think most boat transporters charge $2.50 per mile for a flat bed and $1.50 on your trailer. That’s over 6k from Miami to Bay Area. I recently was shopping for a new trailer and received a quote from ABTrailers and was very reasonable. Much less two other major west coast builders. I’m not trying to talk you out of this, just curious more than anything.

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2019
Livermore
Name
Joaquin
Boat
1994 Klamath 16’ Center Console
What's going on Kwohlers,

I've only checked with one West Coast company and the major thing that had me looking was the lead-time. I'm hearing 10-12 weeks vs Florida 2-3 weeks but I'm going to look at other options. After dealing with Florida trailer company cost and transport I feel cost is just under local Cali companies but I need to call around to gauge a better West Coast vs East Coast pricing.

Trailers can be stacked and transported on a flat bed and my hope is dividing shipping cost with 2-3 folks to stay within budget.

Upvote 0

Tundra4x4

May 5, 2008
Alamo, CA
Name
J.D.
Boat
Skipjack 20 Open
What size trailer do you need? I've got an extra trailer to sell, but it has a hull on it I need to donate or dispose of. I'm located in the east bay. PM me if you want to discuss further.

Upvote 0

jasonjagg

Jan 24, 2012
925 CA
Name
Jason
Boat
any I can get on
Have you ordered? I would be interested in seeing numbers. I’m looking for a trailer for my key west 244cc. I am in central Ca.

Upvote 0