dwayne
Apr 27, 2003
santee
Visit site
Name
dwayne
Boat
Cabo 216
First off, I am just the messenger. I have been asked by a good friend, Dr Ramiro Lopez MD, to post this on BD. He is a primary care physician treating Covid patients right now. He is also an avid fisherman that has been trying to get the launch ramps back open. He wants to have a peaceful parade of trailer boats starting at Shelter Island on Sat April 25, 10 am to bring attention to the plight. He said he will have a route chosen by the morning. He has tried to deal with the people in power and has got no where. He does not like the way that boat launching has been arbitrarily moved from phase 1 to phase 2 (per Nathan Fletcher). If you would like to participate come join him on Sat with your boat in tow. He would like to do this every Saturday until the people in power pay attention. He suggests everyone wear their face masks and adhere to the guidelines so we (fisherman) do not appear like scofflaws. He realizes there might be descent to this here, but this is America and it is one of the rights afforded us in the constitution.

Additional info. Dr Lopez has texted me the route for tomorrow. He is hoping to get a few tomorrow and more next weekend.

Route:

10 am Shelter Island Parking lot. Wear a mask.

proceed to N harbor Dr

left on W Grape

left on India

left on Hawthorne

back to N Harbor Dr

right on to Nimitz making your way to Dana Launch ramp area on Mission Bay.

Amendment 1 to the US Constitution.
"or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    1587804705123.png

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    just stupid and crazy , just piss them off more.... and ramps my stay closed longer.......

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    Driving my trailer near Grape,India and Hawthorne sounds like a pain in the ass.How about just clog up the roads near the ramp ?

Upvote 0

Iron Mike

Experienced
    Sep 30, 2009
    SAN DIEGO
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    35 Cabo Express
    Shelter Island parking lots are all closed so looks like your meeting place will have to be the street ..............sad it has come to this but the reasons are pretty clear with the number of CV19 cases still going up each day and deaths as well in San Diego ...My son had CV19 HE is as strong as an Ox and in his twenty's would hate like heck to see anyone not fit get this surely it would be rough ........stay safe ..........tight lines

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
    Admin
    Apr 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Name
    That Guy
    Boat
    SeaVee 340Z
    dang. Wish this got out sooner for a bigger turn out.

How did it go?

Upvote 0

dwaynesda

dwayne
    Apr 27, 2003
    santee
    Visit site
    Name
    dwayne
    Boat
    Cabo 216
    dang. Wish this got out sooner for a bigger turn out.

How did it go?

He was the only one, but he expected that since it was such late notice. He was not dissappointed at all as he expected a low turnout to start and plans to do it every Saturday until they get the message. He took off from Shelter Island and was followed by the Harbor Police for awhile. He made the rounds and returned home to tell me about it.

Upvote 0

skrilla

allirks
    May 26, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Len
    Boat
    Camo Whammo
    Fuck the ramp. Our brothers in MI brought the boogie to the front door. I'd tow the whole bait barge right up to the County Health Services if I had enough FU money. :D

LANSING-PROTESTS-LIVE-VO-12_transfer_jpg-1368886.jpeg
    FBC01xb.jpg
    27237782-8223017-image-a-54_1586979383688.jpg

Upvote 0