Tow vehicle Brake Pad ?

Lifeislarge

Sep 25, 2019
Jax Beach
Name
Erik Batsford
Boat
Cabo 216 Cuddycon
I put Power Stop brakes on my old 2WD Tundra and it made a huge difference. Installed the whole package (needed calipers anyways). My current Tundra has more than enough stopping power to handle the Cabo and trailer with stock brakes but it's also rated for 4000 more pounds of towing capacity than my 06 was.

https://www.powerstop.com/products/

Reactions: sbsurfer

TheWesNMads

May 18, 2020
Yorba Linda
Name
Dan
Boat
1979 24’ skipjack fly bridge
Centric brand slotted rotors with the posi-quiet semi metallic pads. They have a cyro treated option on rotors and an extended wear option on pads, have had them on my f350 for 13 years and won’t buy anything else. This is the same company that makes Stoptech. I run their regular rotors and semi metallic in my other cars but the slotted I can’t do without in my truck. Very good quality

Mike_I

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 19, 2006
Irvine
Name
Mike_I
Boat
Cabo 216 First Love
I replaced my front pads with semi metallic. I could tell there was an improvement in braking so I decided to do the same in the rear. I got the new pads and after removing the first rear rotor I noticed a lot of rust on the inside portion of the rotor, almost half of the braking surface was rusted even though the discs looked good. I put everything back together and ordered a pair of coated rotors for the rear. While I wait for the rotors to arrive I'll be going thru the trailer brakes today. More to follow when I receive the new rotors.