Wandering Blues

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat Name
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
My son graduated Army BCT last week in Missouri. He got leave before he ships to Ft. Riley and had a list of things to do; see his buddies, In-n-Out, Wahoo's Fish Tacos, sleep, and a little salt action.

We hopped on the Pacific Quest for an overniter to SCI after the 1.5 day trips I tried for couldn't get out of the dock due to lack of anglers. It's the smallest boat I've ever been on at 57x17, but it was BIG on crew quality and making you feel at home.

It was a washing machine ride out, courtesy of a swell coming out of New Zealand. We started inside for calico before joining the Tribute, Toronado, and a private boat drifting a school of bruiser YT. The PB, "Hungry" was a beautiful ride, but the skipper was a bit lacking on ettiquite for which Greg let him know in clear terms......

The dogs were thick and keeping the fish shy. What came over the rail was pretty damn fine, though. Biggest came in around #35 or so. My son decked a personal best. Me? Ouch... My rustiness showed by farming two hanging. But I had a good time nonetheless with a solid group of folks.

The slugs are out there hitting fly lined baits. Nothing on the yo-yo. The boats just need customers to make the run.

And yep, I'm proud twice!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Upvote 0

nefarious235

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat Name
canoe & plastic flotsam
You should be. May he stay safe and godspeed

Reactions: Wandering Blues
Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat Name
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
thank that young patriot for his service for us!

Upvote 0

svue

• Sep 7, 2004
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Vue
    Boat Name
    Everglade 290
    Right on, was there on the 29th, and you gott a keep drag really tight or you will get rocked like me. Lost 2 to the rocks. We did land 3 after a painful lesson.

Upvote 0

Wandering Blues

Oct 19, 2008
    The Land of Entrapment
    Name
    Curtis
    Boat Name
    I'll pass it along to him. He's out fulfilling the "seeing his buddies" portion of the list tonite. And yeah, me and the Mizzuz were just saying how we would miss him. But, the change has been good and I believe he's found his niche. He did stick around for some nice mesquite grilled YT though. o_OLOL

Upvote 0

Mick

fishdivesurf
    Jul 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Kingfisher
    Boat Name
    21 Cuddy, No Ka Oi
    Thank you sir

Upvote 0

HUSKEY BAY

Almost A Member
    Mar 6, 2015
    Dana Point
    Name
    ken
    Boat Name
    HUSKEY BAY
    My son graduated Army BCT last week in Missouri. He got leave before he ships to Ft. Riley and had a list of things to do; see his buddies, In-n-Out, Wahoo's Fish Tacos, sleep, and a little salt action.

We hopped on the Pacific Quest for an overniter to SCI after the 1.5 day trips I tried for couldn't get out of the dock due to lack of anglers. It's the smallest boat I've ever been on at 57x17, but it was BIG on crew quality and making you feel at home.

It was a washing machine ride out, courtesy of a swell coming out of New Zealand. We started inside for calico before joining the Tribute, Toronado, and a private boat drifting a school of bruiser YT. The PB, "Hungry" was a beautiful ride, but the skipper was a bit lacking on ettiquite for which Greg let him know in clear terms......

The dogs were thick and keeping the fish shy. What came over the rail was pretty damn fine, though. Biggest came in around #35 or so. My son decked a personal best. Me? Ouch... My rustiness showed by farming two hanging. But I had a good time nonetheless with a solid group of folks.

The slugs are out there hitting fly lined baits. Nothing on the yo-yo. The boats just need customers to make the run.

And yep, I'm proud twice!

View attachment 587538

View attachment 587540
    nice fish, better son. ...hopefully a Rim Of The World High School grad, like me. good luck and God speed soldier!

Upvote 0
    P

Paddyman1

Thanks to you for raising a good son, thanks to your son for his service, and thanks for sharing his awesome PB toad!

Upvote 0

Tunaslam

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Apr 25, 2003
    Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
    Name
    Cory Visser
    Boat Name
    N/A
    Quality time with family, and many thanks to your son for his service for our country.

Upvote 0

J Woodman

I know nothing
    Dec 8, 2006
    Ventura
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat Name
    15' Gregor "Silver Bullet", Parker 2310 "Deep Color"
    Kyle looks great in uniform, and even better holding that YT. It's hard to believe he is all grown up. Nice report Curtis. You deserve to be proud.

Upvote 0

Wandering Blues

Oct 19, 2008
    The Land of Entrapment
    Name
    Curtis
    Boat Name
    Kyle looks great in uniform, and even better holding that YT. It's hard to believe he is all grown up. Nice report Curtis. You deserve to be proud.

Yeah, where did the time go? I swear it was yesterday he was slingin' t-shirts and hats to pay for offshore adventures.

Upvote 0