Proteus

Almost A Member
  • Jun 19, 2020
    SF
    Name
    Proteus
    Boat
    The charter with the best price.
    Got out today on one of the Half Moon Bay boats for some RF & Ling jigging. Started out with 4ft swell that soon turned into 5-6ft, with a steady 10-15mph wind, and a strong ripping current from the big tides right now, challenging for slow pitch finesse fishing and I didn't bring any standard gear, but I was dying to get out and fill my freezer.

Managed my limit on RF with a lot of work, a handful of shaker Lings, but SPJ rewarded me with my top fish 7 lb Vermillion.

TEoPsGW.jpg

DennisV

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jan 4, 2017
    Paloma, CA
    Name
    Dennis Vagt
    Boat
    Just a NuCanoe Frontier now.
    I fished out of Santa Barbara recently in even nastier weather than that. It was basically continuous long fall fishing and trying to stay in contact with the bottom. I got my limit of fish but it wasn't exactly the ideal conditions for spj. It still worked though.

Nice red !

Reactions: Proteus
    Upvote 0

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    Got out today on one of the Half Moon Bay boats for some RF & Ling jigging. Started out with 4ft swell that soon turned into 5-6ft, with a steady 10-15mph wind, and a strong ripping current from the big tides right now, challenging for slow pitch finesse fishing and I didn't bring any standard gear, but I was dying to get out and fill my freezer.

Managed my limit on RF with a lot of work, a handful of shaker Lings, but SPJ rewarded me with my top fish 7 lb Vermillion.

TEoPsGW.jpg
    Nice Red!

Reactions: Proteus
    Upvote 0