TORQUE STARDRAG TO BE DISCONTINUED?

Salty Bones

Jan 4, 2017
NJ
Name
Sergio
Boat
Xxxxxxxx
Wishful thinking:-) I never bought into the Trinidad craze. But I wholeheartedly agree with you.

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
I would like to think they would be coming out with a high end star drag but I don't think so. I think they're in love with the Fathom line up and probably make a better margin/return on it since it's made over seas and out of cheaper material. Fathom's are good reels for what they are but not in the same class

It's to bad because the Torque star drag is a much better reel then the Trinidad. I still can't understand why people like those POS. I sold all of mine a long time ago
I love my Trinidad’s, Dan opinions,
Are like assholes, every one has one, Lol

Reactions: rexor_rn

CommanderPinhead

“You merely adopted the bilge, I was born in it”
Apr 9, 2019
La Jolla
Name
Pinhead
Boat
Sporties
I’m actually annoyed at the free spool on the new fathom II line of 12 & 15 size reels. I feel like the torques and the fathom gen 1s were better.

ChicoBob

Mar 10, 2018
Chico, CA
Name
Robert Wiechert
Boat
North River
Just picked up a new 12g and 25n in black off eBay. Those won't last long at that price! Thanks for the intell!

tunanorth

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
I’m actually annoyed at the free spool on the new fathom II line of 12 & 15 size reels. I feel like the torques and the fathom gen 1s were better.

Definitely not the case. If it felt that way on an individual reel, possibilities such as too much grease, over-tight right side bearing cap, or even just the major difference between a spool with line on it, and one without line on it.

CommanderPinhead

“You merely adopted the bilge, I was born in it”
Apr 9, 2019
La Jolla
Name
Pinhead
Boat
Sporties
Definitely not the case. If it felt that way on an individual reel, possibilities such as too much grease, over-tight right side bearing cap, or even just the major difference between a spool with line on it, and one without line on it.
So on both models I loosened the the cap until I I just had no play, and neither had line on it. I’m not sure if the bearings may have been over packed with grease... or the brakes were set... don’t know what was going on. Either way I just picked out a 25N SDP. The free spool on that reel after I clean the spool, right cap bearings with some oil was bytchn. I’m used to a 501 for a fly lining size so it works either way.

tunanorth

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
So on both models I loosened the the cap until I I just had no play, and neither had line on it. I’m not sure if the bearings may have been over packed with grease... or the brakes were set... don’t know what was going on. Either way I just picked out a 25N SDP. The free spool on that reel after I clean the spool, right cap bearings with some oil was bytchn. I’m used to a 501 for a fly lining size so it works either way.

Great!