Dexter Outdoors

ivan9

Dec 17, 2005
california/az
Name
???
Boat
tubeasaurus
I'm thinking of going on the july 28th 5day on the top gun. Is it a good boat, anybody got experience on it?

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
My buddy does a charter on it every year. Fishy captain, soda fountain, good food, staterooms. I've always had a good time on it.

Upvote 0

WreckinBall

The sober one
Oct 18, 2004
Way up in the IE
Name
Jerry
Boat
Island Tak, Prowler, RRIII, TG80, Royal Star, etc....
Bob, Scott, and Mr. Squeak know how to fish Guadalupe, fo sho! I've had epic times with them. Good crew, good chow, and they keep the A/C PUMPIN' in the staterooms!

The Top Gun 80 is a great choice for a 5 day trip. Have a good time.

Upvote 0

Customboatguy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 11, 2005
Inland SD
www.customboatpainting.com
Name
Skip
Boat
Grady White 248 Voyager - Twin Suzuki's
I could never say enough about that boat. EVERY time I have fished with Scotty and his crew, it's full speed effort the whole time and first class service. These are Jun. 06 on the TG. The wierd pic on the end was just because I never had seen two sporties go stern to stern in semi ruff seas until that trip. Scotty was handing off parts to another boat. He never bumped them once. The guy can drive (and kill fish too). Port, starboard and stern deck looked like the first pic. Fun chit.

Attachments

• tuna trip jun 06 top gun 80 006.jpg
    tuna trip jun 06 top gun 80 006.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 142
  • tuna trip jun 06 top gun 80 009.jpg
    tuna trip jun 06 top gun 80 009.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 88
  • tuna trip jun 06 top gun 80 003.jpg
    tuna trip jun 06 top gun 80 003.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mean-Machine

Feb 21, 2005
socal
Name
Mean-Machine
Boat
someday
I went on a 2 1/2 dayer last year and enjoyed it. Food was great. We hit some really rough water. The boat is not as big as some of the other more expensive long rangers. I really enjoyed the trip. Also as always I would look for a limited load trip.

Staterooms were fine no worries very comfortable.

Upvote 0

Yank n Crank

Captain
Oct 30, 2007
Yorba Linda
Name
Scott
Boat
27', Seaway, Yank n Crank
What makes the Top Gun 80 great isn't the boat, the food, the staterooms or anything like that. It is the fact that Bob Taft and Scott Hart want to kill those fish even worse than you do. Oh yeah, I like the boat too! If you want to kill fish, sign up with them. If you want someone to wipe your ass for you there may be better choices.

Upvote 0

fishinwally

fishinwally
Mar 31, 2010
santa barbara/ca/us
Name
mark
Boat
95+ L/R
I have fished with Bob and Scotty for several years. Usually 2 charters a year, in addition to the last minute filler trip. As mentioned by most, they just flat out find fish. If not, hold onto your hat. I have witnessed Bob threaten to turn the boat around if people stop fishing from being too tired. Don't go on the boat if your not ready to laugh, because they are all characters.

Upvote 0

TurdRoller

What happened?
Mar 22, 2004
Santee
Name
kyle
Boat
Tribute
nice boat, hardcore owners/operators, great deckhands, nice sleeping quarters (AC is the key!), and killer food (although I've only had elk chili made by Scotty)...I'd go in a heartbeat

Upvote 0

AngelsnJags

Strong Silent Type
Apr 12, 2010
Ontario
Name
Mike
Boat
Royal Polaris
I have never been on the boat, but I hear it's built for speed not comfort. also hear the deckhands turn over alot, Bob trains them and then they move on to bigger and better things. thats all I have heard.

Upvote 0